About the job
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centred on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
The team at Microsoft ANZ sees Start-ups and cloud-born organisations as critical to our mission. These companies will help accelerate the priorities of our nations and change our world for the better as they aim to transform business process, finance, climate action, and more—changing the way we live and work. Microsoft aspires to empower every cloud-born innovator to scale and grow with Microsoft technology and via Microsoft’s unique channel and customer ecosystem.
Our team of passionate, fun, and tech-inspired humans are looking for Account Executives who thrive on building deep customer partnerships with the purpose of translating cloud technology into business value and increased customer success.
The Account Executive at Microsoft partners with our most valued cloud-built customers to fuel their business and growth strategies with Microsoft technology and innovation. Embracing a challenger mindset, the successful Account Executive translates technology into business value and leads virtual teams to create and close opportunities with customers that produce transformative business outcomes.
- Owns the overall relationship and partnership with key Start-ups and digital customers, drives ongoing dialogue with customers to create opportunities aimed at fuelling customer growth or resolving challenges via Microsoft technology.
- Leads with curiosity to understand the customer’s business strategy and partners deeply to develop and align technology innovation to drive outcomes—ideates on and proposes ideal technology solutions for customer needs.
- Understands the unique needs of a digital business / start-up and the individual business strategies for each assigned account; identifies opportunities to drive optimizations and technology-driven business growth.
- Brings the best of Microsoft programs and people to accelerate their customer’s growth initiatives; whether tech-driven or marketing-driven—identifies and removes roadblocks with the customer and within Microsoft.
Executes on Account Plan & Goals
- Creates, manages, and executes plans for multiple accounts to ensure Microsoft targets and customer business needs are met; coordinates with extended virtual teams and holds self and the team accountable for executing on plans and meeting customer needs.
- Outlines revenue targets to deliver on account plans; orchestrates extended team and embraces partners and the Microsoft partner team to scale business opportunities; builds plan to ensure sales consumption and adoption targets met.
However, to be able to best deliver on the purpose of this role, these are the core skills and experiences you should have on day one
There will be many opportunities for you to learn and grow into this role and Microsoft.
- EQ and executive presence to engage with C-level leaders and a passion to demonstrate how the Azure cloud can deliver those initiatives technically and commercially—trusted advisor for the long-term business priorities.
- Technically proficient, foundational understanding of cloud technologies; cloud certifications, application + data architectures, and open-source technology experience a plus.
- A passion for co-creating inclusive and diverse cultures where team members build on one another’s strengths and encourage individual and team growth.
- Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent experience, MBA a plus.