Springer Nature Group
The Account Support Executive fulfils a central role ensuring effectiveness and efficiency within the commercial process. They work closely with the sales team, the customers and other internal stakeholders to achieve timely closures of new and renewal sales objectives.
The role of an Account Support Executive is vital to the business and has direct impact on customer satisfaction. The account support role is continuously enhanced by team training and by facilitating personal development.
Key tasks / Main result areas:
- Manage stakeholder deal alignment
- Work with sales to plan, drive and track quarterly and yearly renewal closure including large renewal management.
- Active participation in stakeholder and team meetings aimed at continuous improvement of customer satisfaction.
- Generate reports and analysis on renewal sales progress for assigned region.
- Managing and updating renewal tracking tool for reporting and guidance to Sales Team (i.e. report on renewal status, workflows).
2. Advisory and execution of commercial contracting process
- Provide sales team with customer information, such as usage stats and entitlements, using Market Intelligence resources and systems, proposal generation and adherence to business models, pricing guidelines and state models, ensuring approval of all terms and sign-off by the appropriate authority.
- Prepare renewals and planning (i.e. calculate journals licenses, calculate eBook quotes).
- Prepare (in CRM/ERP system) the quote and contract to trigger invoicing.
- Ensure accurate invoicing and documentation to customers.
3. Legal support
- First level support to sales and customer on license agreement changes and amendments.
4. World class customer service support
- Be the first point of contact for our international customers with regards to contract execution, fulfillment and invoicing.
- Coordinate all customer correspondence and agreements within assigned international region.
- Proactively communicate with customer, align new contract terms & agreed fees and obtain the customer signed license.
- Manage customer requests in the assigned international region and provide assistance on daily operations (i.e. engage with customers in order to enhance customer data quality, answer questions connected to contract data, or invoicing data).
- Stay in close contact with subscription agents to pursue deals (i.e. to obtain purchase orders, solve order queries, provide journal title lists for invoicing from agent to end customer).
5. Process improvement and feedback
- Provide feedback and proposals to improve sales and support workflows (in systems) to work more effective and efficient.
- Have excellent knowledge of (SalesForce) CRM system and safeguard data quality in CRM.
- Monitor and improve performance on key indicators.
- Collaborate and provide organizational support to the Account Managers and Sales Directors
- Interdepartmental relationships:
- Finance, for reporting purposes
- Licensing Control (LC), to align contracts
- Legal, to discuss customer legal requests and legal impact (together with LC)
- Licensing Invoicing (LI), to provide input for invoices
- Product management, to retrieve input on products and business models
- Marketing & Account Development
- Functional Support/Business Services
- Customer Service/Online Services
- Group Tax
- Credit Control
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Strong numeracy skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Commercial and customer minded (flexible and cooperative)
- Good understanding of commercial processes, including legal alignment, and Sales cycle
- Ability to establish effective working relationships both internally and externally
- Detail oriented and accurate
- A proactive problem solver, with good attention to detail
- Reliable and results-oriented working style
- Flexible attitude
- High degree of independence
- Team player
- Willingness to train on and work with other in-house data tools
Qualifications & Experience:
- Diploma in related field (candidates without a diploma in related field but with relevant working experience will be considered)
- Fluent in English (both written and oral) and additional local languages are a must.
- Proficient in using multiple business systems
- Experience in commercial processes, including legal alignment, sales cycle and customer engagement activities
- Good computer skills, Proficiency with MS-Office-Suite, particularly MS Excel
- Knowledge of (SalesForce) CRM (customer relationship management) & contracting system
- Time and Project management experience
All functions and duties assigned are to be carried out in professional manner and must be in line with the company policies and image.