About the job
At ESL Gaming, we bring moments of magic and provide skills for thrills to hundreds of millions of people, every single day. We pride ourselves having enabled and empowered the global esports industry for more than two decades – “Creating a World Where Everybody can be Somebody”. Our Passion, Craft and DNA are to create and shape the world of esports, gaming tournaments, leagues and events through our millions of players, fans, heroes, through our people, and culture. That is our Superpower and now we are interested in yours! This is one of many reasons why ESL is a magical workplace where anything is possible and where you will thrive and experience a game-changing career.
Are you ready for a Game-Changing Career Experience?
As Accounting Manager, Consolidation at ESL, you are surrounded by some of the brightest minds in gaming. Our hierarchies are flat, and your ideas and opinions are constantly in demand. Each day will be met with complex and challenging tasks we are going to solve together. Quick decision making allows us to create products & events which shape and define the nature of the esports market. We value team chemistry and teamwork above anything else, creating a friendly and fast paced work environment.
As an Accounting Manager, Consolidation, you will be part of our Global Accounting team that is responsible for ensuring that all internal and external reporting requirements are met and day-to-day operations and specifically closing and consolidation of domestic and foreign subsidiaries are running. The Accounting Manager will adhere to accounting governance plans and processes to timely generate accounting information, reporting requirements, and ensure quality of financial information.
The Accounting Manager, Consolidation will lead a team of 2 Consolidation Accountants. This position is based out of our office in Cologne, Germany. We are currently operating in a remote work environment due to COVID-19, however, this role will be expected to be in the office on a flexible schedule once restrictions are lifted.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for ESL’s group consolidation
- Prepare, maintain, and execute the reconciliation of consolidated ledger accounts and financial statements (balance sheet, profit-and-loss statements, capital expenditure schedules, intercompany schedules)
- Develop, test, and deploy new consolidated reports
- Design and maintain internal control over financial reporting processes and perform control activities in the respective area of responsibility
- Drive the development of the group’s accounting manual and reporting guidelines
- Develop and maintain a documented system of procedures to ensure efficient operation of systems, processes and controls and accuracy of financial reporting
- Lead the implementation and set-up of the consolidation procedures and the intercompany set-up
- Manage the relationship with external auditors for ordinary requests
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree with a discipline in controlling, accounting or finance preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a technical accounting and financial reporting role obtained in a major multinational group or a consultancy firm
- Deep knowledge of IFRS / GAAP principals
- Knowledge of COGNOS or similar consolidation reporting system
- Prior auditing experience from a Big 4 accounting firm highly desired
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in the English & German language, both spoken and written
- Able to communicate clearly and enforce deadlines to stakeholders within and beyond the finance community, including senior management
- Skilled in solving problem in a complex environment and can manage extensive investigations and analysis
- Hands-on mentality in a dynamic work environment
ESL Gaming is the world’s leading esports company. For more than two decades, we have been shaping the industry and leading esports and gaming innovation globally across the most popular video games, creating a comprehensive ecosystem with opportunities for players to go from zero to hero, and for fans to witness the best stories esports has to offer. Our portfolio consists of high-profile products such as the DreamHack Festivals, ESL Pro Tour, Intel® Extreme Masters, ESL Mobile, and many more, ranging from grassroots to global elite competitions. ESL Gaming is part of ESL Faceit Group.
ESL Gaming is an equal opportunity employer. We are creating a world where everybody can be somebody. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.