Ministry of Health New Zealand
About the job
- Do you thrive on organising new teams who are adapting to new roles and priorities?
- Bring your ability to work well under pressure, knack for working with changing priorities and work within a highly collaborative environment
- Permanent, full time role, Wellington location
We are looking for an Administrator to join our health workforce team. You’ll provide high quality, timely support to both the Manager – ODDG and wider Health Workforce directorate, including dealing with matters of a highly confidential and sensitive nature. This incudes diary management, organising meetings, managing client relationships, secretarial support, managing the travel, purchasing and budget, and administrative support to the business unit. The salary range for this role is $49,676 to $66,234 and will be appointed to align with skills and experience.
Te whainga poto o tēnei tūranga – What is the purpose of this position:
This position sits within our Health Workforce Directorate. Our purpose is to develop and implement people-centric, equitable health workforce strategy. We do this by determining people’s needs and ensuring that our system attracts, educates, recruits and retains the health workforce required to meet people’s needs now and in the future.
The role of the Administrator is an existing role that is responsible for:
- Providing a high level of administrative support including taking minutes, drafting/proofing associated materials and schedules
- Setting up meetings, including arranging meeting rooms, equipment and catering, notifying attendees and circulating material, collecting agenda items, drawing up agendas
- Coordinating of Ministerial requests, Briefings, memos, Parliamentary and Official Information Requests and correspondence as required
- Ensuring output, workflow and deadlines are communicated to enable timely responses
- Managing and coordinating the Info and ODDG inbox as required
- Arranging travel and purchasing, ensuring these meet relevant AOG requirements
- Follow Ministry’s standard policies and processes
Ngā Pūkenga Me Ngā Wheako – Skills & Experience
To be successful, we are looking for a strong and effective communicator who has an understanding of the machinery of Government. You will have a proven ability to provide strong administrative support across programmes of work, excellent prioritisation skills and an ability to work under pressure in an ambiguous and dynamic environment. Having an ability to understand financial data and information as well as experience working in an environment that requires a high level of discretion, sensitivity and interpersonal interaction at an executive level will stand you in good stead to be successful in this role.
The Ministry of Health is the kaitiaki of the health and disability system in New Zealand. We are responsible for providing active stewardship and leadership across the nations health and disability system. We ensure the system provides people with the highest levels of care, regardless of who they are or where they live.