You will be responsible for managing daily allocation matters between the organization and carriers to maximize volume and profit. You will be involved in managing and resolving escalations internally and externally to ensure we deliver the best possible service and deliver commitments to both customers and carriers. You will also perform all day-to-day allocation topics, cargo routing and yield optimization including enhancement of the current trade allocation infrastructure to ensure an optimal usage of our available space and to ensure the best possible yield is being achieved by completing the following main responsibilities.
- To managing any block space agreements between carriers and our offices for all relevant trades.
- To provide steering instructions to ensure that agreements are fulfilled to avoid any penalties.
- To closely cooperate and communicate with all stake holders to ensure compliance with the terms of any block space agreements.
- To produce a standardized process across all relevant trades for the handing of block space agreements.
- To maintain and build strong relationships with concerned offices and our core carriers.
- To manage allocations per carrier / per string / per load port and/or per destination / per NAC.
- To resolve daily operational problems and assist counterparts in solving problems with local agents and carriers .
- To determine best possible shipping options for FAK and fixed options and to leverage market volatility to increase yield.
- To factor in and pre-plan space to be re-allocated in the event of void sailings .
- To submit monthly a report of liftings versus target
Your Skills And Experiences
- Bachelor Degree in Supply Chain Logistics/ Business Management
- Good understanding and knowledge of the Trade Lane team
- Profound knowledge of MS Office package
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the Sea Logistics Industry