Loyola High School of Montreal
Founded in 1896, Loyola High School is Montreal’s only Jesuit, Catholic high school. Loyola is looking to add a dynamic and strategic Annual Giving and Stewardship Officer to our team. This role provides support to the Executive Director of Advancement for donor engagement, annual giving, and the implementation of annual fundraising and stewardship programs. The Annual Giving and Stewardship Officer will support the activities and programming focused on the acquisition, retention, and recapture of alumni, faculty/staff, families, and student donors.
- Manage a portfolio of donors who have made or have the capacity to make gifts of $1,000-$9,999 annually.
- Conduct cultivation calls to invite donors to meet, attend events, become an advocate, and volunteer on behalf of the school.
- Solicit donors to ensure annual donation, increase donation amount, and consider a planned gift.
- Conduct discovery work on unassigned donors who have given an annual fund donation and determine if they should be managed in a portfolio.
- Create and implement fundraising strategies based on a donor’s program interest, giving cadence, giving vehicle and engagement preference.
- Utilize our Raiser’s Edge database to manage donor relationships and report on mid-level program goals and metrics.
- Participate in regular portfolio reviews, working within the structure of Moves Management to determine how a donor should be managed.
- Establish and maintain relationships with donors to retain and increase annual donations and deepen engagement with the school.
- Work with the advancement team to develop and implement a systemized and achievable stewardship strategy, to strengthen long-term relationships with major donors.
- Steward donors by completing timely gift recognition, mailing stewardship pieces, and sharing articles and client stories.
- Ensure that details of all stewardship plans are compiled and communicated to all involved parties and that the plans are documented and implemented.
- Support a process that prompts school leadership and others with key donor relationships, and assists them in maintaining personal contact with major donors
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Post-secondary education in fundraising, education, business development or a related field.
- 1-3 years of experience working in fundraising, business development or sales.
- Strong philanthropic interest and passion for the mission of Loyola High School.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team with a demonstrated ability to set strategic goals, measure success, and report results.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required with an ability to communicate priorities and needs with donors.
- Capacity to build and execute strategies to achieve development revenue goals.
- Mature judgment, initiative, and the ability to make independent decisions.
- Willingness to work occasional early mornings, nights and/or weekends for events.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word and Excel required. Raiser’s Edge experience preferred.
- Familiarity with the Jesuit, Catholic tradition; primarily in an educational context is a strong asset.
- Fluency in English and French, both spoken and written.