CBRE Asia Pacific
At CBRE, you are empowered to take your career path into your own hands. Our people enjoy workplace flexibility in a global organization with tremendous scale providing corporate real estate and property services. Each day you will work in an inclusive and collaborative environment with supportive teammates and be challenged to grow and be your best every day.
In line with the continued growth and expansion of our business throughout Asia Pacific, we have an exciting opportunity for an APAC Category Manager – CapEx Goods/Services to join our team. The purpose of this position is to manage the sourcing, procurement, and management of suppliers, contracting and vendors in support of the delivery of real estate, facilities, and project management goods and services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing specialized goods/services categories within Project Management (PJM), in support of CBRE’s internal FUSION program, and supply chain.
- Help to accelerate the expansion of the FUSION within region, by adding onto an existing portfolio of strategic partners, and will execute supply chain strategies that are designed to maximize client outcomes and minimize cost for assigned complex category(s).
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and manage various categories/FUSION partner performance (SQE).
- May manage multiple categories for various CapEx goods/services
- Work closely with PJM business leaders, and align with overall global enterprise SCM strategy.
- Have/demonstrate subject matter expertise and will take a fact-based approach in validating category opportunities.
The ideal candidate will also possess the following supply chain characteristics
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in supply chain / category management / procurement
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Be a self-starter
- Team player
- Be an effective presenter, and influencer
- Collaborative, and engaging
- Strategic vs. tactical
- Thorough understanding of lifecycle costing, and total cost of ownership
- Expert in change management, and influence
- Passionate about transformation, and having a “whatever it takes” mentality
- Optimize sourcing strategies by fostering positive supplier relationships
- Lead RFI/RFQ/RFP processes, negotiate cost savings, and secure mutually beneficial sourcing contracts
- Communicate effectively with all internal and external stakeholders regarding the assigned category
- Candidate must possess strong communication and analytical skills
- Broad experience of indirect CapEx-focused sourcing categories (General Contractors, A/E Firms, Flooring, Roofing, Electrical, Fixtures, Furniture, Professional Services etc.)
- Understand supplier diversity and ESG elements within supply chain
- Experience in having worked in the APAC region
- Preference will be given to those applicants who, in addition to meeting the minimum requirements, also possess one or more of the following:
- E-Sourcing experience (Ariba, Zycus, Coupa, Reverse Auction tools, etc.)
- Supply chain experience in one or more categories in the following areas – Capital Expenditures,
- Goods and/or Services.