What will you do at Ciena?
This role reports to the Senior Director Marketing and Partners, APJ and India but has a strong dotted line report into the Regional Managing Director for ASEAN and North Asia. This role is responsible for working closely with the local team to manage and support all marketing efforts across SE Asia.
Functions include building strong relationships and working closely with the local sales team to identify key focus areas, coordinate and execute to plan around Events, Account Based Marketing, Partner engagement, PR, Analysts, lead execution and marketing reporting.
- Drive the local strategy in conjunction with the local sales teams and APJ marketing team.
- Identify focus areas/technologies for marketing activities.
- Leverage strategic product launches, PR, Digital, etc. to meet the local strategy – using all available resource such as video, blog, digital, etc.
- Work closely with the Partner team to support and drive Partner marketing activities around demand generation and lead acquisition.
- Be the link between sales and marketing to ensure all teams are across the latest marketing efforts and campaigns and continually brings new ideas both to marketing and sales.
- Develop and build Account Based Marketing plans with local account teams for the top strategic accounts and partners.
- Work with the APJ PR coordinator to drive public relation activities, including by-lines, blogs, press releases, case studies that are linked to the regional and APJ strategy and by leveraging local Ciena websites.
- Work closely with the APJ Regional Program Manager and Content Marketing Manager to support all localizations of key marketing and partner collateral for country or APJ wide campaigns.
- Work closely with the Global Events team to ensure all logistical activities are covered such as tradeshow/event advertising, sponsorships, shipping, booth layout, product displays/demos, show services, housing, presentations, web site information, giveaways, direct mail, special events, etc.
- Build a market intelligence view of their region by reporting on key marketing metrics such as portal/website visits, Webinar registrations (customer, prospect, competitor), emails sent, etc. and derive insights to help increase and improve marketing efforts.
- Build and align a social/digital strategy in conjunction with Content Marketing and the local teams.
- Support the APJ Marketing and Partner team in all other operational activities.
- 6+ years’ work experience in networking /Telecom industry.
- Marketing degree or similar a plus.
- Experience in driving marketing activities in a technology company including events, communications, PR, account-based marketing.
- Ability to analyze data and provide insights.
- Working with senior internal sales leaders.
- Proven interpersonal skills with a track record of achieving results through alignment of cross-functional and multi-divisional activities in a highly collaborative, team-oriented, and fast-paced environment.
- Strong project management, organization, planning and implementation skills for multiple deadline driven activities.
- Ability and confidence to work in a virtual team, across cultures in a sales-oriented environment.
- Broad marketing experience and proven track record with experience in using social, online, and traditional marketing principles and techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized and motivated.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
Ciena is a network strategy and technology company with a passion to provide an experience, to you and our customers that is as rewarding as the outcome. We attract the best and brightest– those with outstanding talent, motivation, and the right attitude to contribute to our success. Our culture balances our openness and informality with professionalism and trust and is built on the foundation of our core values: Customer First, Integrity, Velocity, Innovation, and Outstanding People.
Ciena enables everyone to have a voice and a network that supports them while on the journey to discovering their passion and purpose. We trust each individual to do what they can to reach their full potential and make an impact on the business, whenever, wherever they are in the world. With Ciena’s highly innovative, forward-thinking business practices, we reward people for pushing the boundaries. Unlock your potential at Ciena!
Being You @ Ciena
As part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we want to foster an environment that values and respects all individual’s strengths, perspectives, ideas, and ability to meet the needs of our customers globally. Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status or any other category protected by applicable law. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination.
Ciena is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.