Park 'N Fly, Inc.
About the job
Your Journey Begins Here…at Park ‘N Fly!
At Park ‘N Fly, you are part of a family…we want for you what we’d want for our own family – a job you love in a progressive, successful company. We’re all that and we’re more than just parking! Our sights are set on hiring an Assistant Manager to join our Team in Chicago, IL.
We will invest the time and training required to help you succeed at what you do. But there are a few things we’ll ask you to bring on this journey…
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Have a clean and safe driving record with no more than 3 moving violations in the last 3 years.
- Associate’s Degree and/or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1 year +management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
What You Can Expect To Do Day To Day
- Responsible for sourcing, recruiting, and maintaining a talent pool for the location for all positions
- Works directly with staffing firm while also building sourcing and recruiting contacts within the area
- Reviews candidate resumes and questionnaire submissions and conducts phone screenings and face-to-face interviews.
- Works directly with staffing firm to process background screenings for all candidates
- Maintains continuous communication with Human Resources and the staffing firm in terms of staffing needs at the location
- Processes all new hire paperwork with the employee and submits to Human Resources.
- Directs employee relations and promote harmonious work environment.
- Coordinates all dispatch, valet, driver, and skycap activities to ensure the proper flow of traffic and personnel to maintain three to five-minute service for customers.
- Performs weekly van timing surveys to ensure proper service requirements.
- Approves and coordinates break and meal periods for all scheduled non-exempt staff.
- Maintains facility and van appearance by coordinating regular inspections.
- Applies and implements standards of performance by submitting to management new ideas, concepts and procedures relative to changing organizational and staffing needs.
- Observes all employee functions while maintaining a daily log.
- Prepares weekly reports for manager.
- Applies progressive disciplinary policy when necessary.
- Maintains a clean and orderly working environment.
- Conduct security patrols, observations, and general functions as needed.
- Flexible with work shifts/hours, to service late flights, peak volume periods, vacated shifts, and other emergency situations.
These are just the basics… you’ll learn lots more after you apply!
Park ‘N Fly is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (W/M/Vets/Disability) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of the fact or perception of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, other protected veteran who served on active duty, or other legally protected status, as required by law.
Drug screen and background check are required for all position