Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Agoda is seeking a dynamic and analytical Market Manager to join our Partner Services team in Seoul, South Korea. A Market Manager is the main liaison between our partners and Agoda, developing the South Korea business through acquiring new relationships and optimizing current ones, serving as a consultant to our partners to deliver win-win results.
Working with large datasets and using strong analytical skills, a Market Manager uncovers new opportunities, identifies innovative solutions and presents them to relevant stakeholders, both internally and externally to our partners and customers. He/She develops an in-depth understanding of the market by analyzing changing dynamics and trends. Armed with this information, a Market Manager strives to maintain a competitive edge over our competition. Findings are also presented and shared with internal teams through regular communications and reports.
In addition, a Market Manager also acts as the in-market subject matter expertise for different projects, collaborating with teams throughout Agoda globally and championing them to colleagues in the local teams.
In This Role, You’ll Get To
- Drive the market in reaching key performance indicators (KPIs) by fostering new relationships and optimizing existing ones
- Leverage consultative approach to influence new or existing partners to help grow our business portfolio
- Gain buy-in from relevant stakeholders to execute strategies and help launch promotional campaigns to enhance productivity and maintain Agoda’s competitiveness
- Deep dive into large datasets and analyze market and business trends to uncover new opportunities to grow Agoda’s business
- Train and inform partners of both new and existing solutions, tools, and models
- Prepare commercial materials to aid in growing our business during partner meetings
- Report weekly/monthly KPI’s and key metrics internally to showcase successes and highlight potential opportunities
- Please note that the duties of this role may change at any time due to changing needs of the department.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience in internet, e-commerce, online travel agency or the hotel/travel industry valued
- Exceptional ability to communicate well, effectively influencing and gaining buy-in from key internal and external stakeholders
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with ability to analyze opportunities and business performance from different perspectives
- Proven success in acquiring, building & maintaining long-term customer relationships strongly preferred
- Upbeat, collaborative and a strong team-player mentality, a “get-it-done” attitude is a must
- Ability to adapt well to changes and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Resourceful, creative and can come up with innovative ideas
- Fluency in English and Korean
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any relevant field