Warner Music Group
WMG’s top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group, we’re a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
- Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
- Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
- Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
- Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
Job Title: Assistant, Marketing – Black Music
A Little Bit About Our Team
The Black Music Marketing Team works cross functionally with all departments in the Atlantic Records ecosystem to successfully product manage artist’s singles, albums and special projects from inception to completion. By joining our team, you will be responsible for supporting two Vice Presidents of Marketing and their roster, through administrative and creative tasks. In addition to providing support, you will have the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of the music industry and establish industry contacts.
By joining the marketing team, you will be exposed to all aspects of the music business. From participating in brainstorms, to working with third party vendors for artists and department specific campaigns, you will learn the necessary skills to establish yourself as a music industry professional, who can thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Here You’ll Get To
- You will manage calendars and daily schedules, as needed; scheduling meetings and coordinating calls.
- You will assist in the conceptualization and execution of marketing ideas and campaigns.
- You will liaise with the Vice Presidents of Marketing in the creation of promotional tools; facilitating the manufacturing of products such as posters, stickers, CDs, merch boxes and more.
- You will assist in coordinating artists events/activations curated by the Vice Presidents of Marketing; from budget building and planning to final execution.
- You will create and share blasts to the company with all key info, details and links as new singles, album, videos, etc. are released.
- You will organize, update, and manage the storage of single and project specific assets received from other departments and third parties.
- You will attend marketing/staff meetings, participate, and take notes for further discussion.
- You will update artist one-sheets and other key marketing docs regularly.
- You will submit and manage expense reports and invoices, as needed.
- You have common sense, excellent verbal & written communication skills, are thorough, resourceful, detail-oriented, and experienced at multi-tasking.
- You have the ability to prioritize and execute in a time crunch and/or with partial info/details.
- You have people skills, the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment, and are highly motivated, task-oriented, organized, and a proactive self-starter.
- You have strong computer skills – typing, proficiency in Microsoft Office, Photoshop & Mailchimp (or equivalent programs).
- You have knowledge of different digital service providers, editorial playlisting, social media, and are good with numbers.
- You have the ability to read and analyze data.
- You enjoy having a pulse on what’s new, trendy, socially and culturally relevant in music and tech.
- You have have the ability to take constructive criticism and a willingness to adapt, regardless of the circumstances.
We’d Love It If You Also Had
- A background in music marketing and/or previous administrative experience (internship, support role, freelance corporate setting, long term temps, etc.)
- Basic graphic design skills and an eye for aesthetics.
- A true passion to learn and grow within the music industry
- A network of industry creatives
- Knowledge about the current Atlantic roster
As the home to Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world’s premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We’re the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.