Allen & Overy
About the job
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. Embracing new trends and harnessing decades of experience, we’ve earned our place at the forefront of the legal industry. Our partners are recognised as leaders in their field and our deals and cases often make headline business news. As a result, we’ve developed a reputation for delivering excellence, in all that we do. Today, we’re continuing to break new ground. By embracing new ways of thinking and integrating technology into our everyday work, we’ve been named as the Most Innovative Law Firm in Europe by the Financial Times five times.
Join our team and you’ll be part of a flexible, inclusive culture underpinned by openness and acceptance. We’re driven by the belief that, to perform, people need support and space to collaborate. By combining those values with an ambitious outlook, we can give you the opportunity to thrive.
Work Location: Ho Chi Minh Office and/ or Ha Noi Office
- Advising international and Vietnamese clients on foreign investment, M&A, corporate, banking, finance, real estate, and project deals
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating transaction documents
- Managing client expectations and project delivery appropriately
- Conducting research and analysis of information/legal documents
Successful candidates will be expected to build and maintain strong client relationships, identify and understand clients’ commercial objectives and legal needs, apply legal expertise and knowledge to client situations.
- At least 2 years qualified and more than 3 years of working at a top quality foreign firm
- Legal experience in the areas of corporate and commercial, foreign investment, banking and finance
- Detail-focused and self-motivated approach
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Strong commercial/business acumen with the ability to deliver creative and pragmatic solutions and advice
- Collaborative team player with the ability to develop and work in a fast paced, intellectually rigorous environment
- A person of sound judgment, able to establish a high level of credibility
- The ability to work cross culturally and build a strong rapport with colleagues and clients
- The ability to inspire confidence in Vietnamese and foreign clients
- Fluent English and Vietnamese, spoken and written