About the job
The IB is dedicated to developing international education that creates a better world. The role of the Regional Development and Recognition team is to manage and nurture key stakeholder relations with Governments, Higher Education Institutions, Associations, Corporate Partnerships, Large Entities of Schools and Individual Schools in the ‘interested phase’ before application for candidacy. The team is also responsible for building the awareness, acceptance and recognition of the IB programmes and services in the region.
For China & Mongolia: (sales focus)
– Represent IB with a comprehensive understanding of our offerings and research school needs and identify how our programmes meet them. Meet with potential schools/clients/businesses to nurture the leads into sales.
– Achieve objectives through effective planning, setting sales goals, analyzing performance data, and projecting future performance.
– Track, analyze, and communicate key quantitative metrics and business trends as part of monthly reporting to Head of Development AP.
– Coordinating with China based Development Managers and AP MarComms on lead generation and to increase secured leads.
– Generate leads, and build and nurture client relationships. Provide consultancy to schools to ensure lead is converted to sales. Submission of Application for Candidacy (AFC).
– Achieve growth and hit sales targets in China by successfully managing own sales targets.
– Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of competition status.
– Update leads/interested schools report monthly or as directed.
– Create and execute Annual sales action and Budgetary plan that expands customer base and extends global reach.
Asia Pacific: (project management focus)
– Collaboration with Development Managers and internal resources to ensure successful delivery of the projects (Groups Schools).
– Managing project progress and adapt work as required and ensuring deadlines are met.
– Managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
– Preparing and ensuring the successful execution of agreements.
– Designing risk mitigation plan.
– Conducting project review and creating detailed reports for departments involved.
– Optimising and improving processes and the overall approach where necessary.
– Securing growth opportunities and initiating new projects.
– Develop/Create and value-add content f or outreach webinars so to provide the best customer engagement and experience to stakeholders, ensuring content meets their needs and to help them decide and move along the sales process in the shortest time possible. The outreach webinars will focus on the customer journey strategy, matching and mapping IB’s application to becoming an IB school journey with customer expectations at each stage of the journey, their touchpoints and IB’s to identify gaps in communication.
– As above, creating and delivering of recognition webinars to engage with universities, educational authorities and schools. Regular reporting on its attendance and to work with universities to enhance recognition of IB programmes.
– From the post event data, the job holder is to measure the customer engagement score against pipelines and conversion of attendees to organisational/departmental KPIs.
Accreditation and Government Recognition
– In consultation/collaboration with Development Managers, work with the local education authorities to determine the timeline and the required steps for the timely fulfilment of accreditation application.
– To support in creating document about an IB programme as and when requested by government bodies for recognition purpose.
– To collaborate with the Global Recognition department to ensure the submission documents are accurate and timely, leading to the approval of accreditation. This will require project planning and management as well as working closely with external consultants for the content required in the submission documents.
– On a quarterly basis, to conduct/update desk research and investigate into changes in education policies that may impact the accreditation and recognition of IB programmes, and any changes that may affect admissions of IB students (domestic and international) into Higher Education Institutions. The report will support the Development Managers in targeting specific universities for IB recognition discussion.
– Tracking of recognition targets of the team and presenting the progress on a monthly basis.
– To engage and collaborate with departments from other regions on the Institute Management Project. Provide input and feedback to the project team in ensuring that business requirements are met.
– To actively participate and engage in the MySchool Process Change meetings and to inform the Development Function of technical updates/changes to the platform and to update internal support documents. When needed, to develop communications to be distributed to schools affected by system Change.
– To actively represent AP Development and partake in projects assigned by Head of Development AP.
Knowledge & Experience
– Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business administration.
– 7+ years in sales management or business development or project management with an interest in sales within a corporate setting.
– Proven track record of success the sales cycle from plan to close.
– Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
– Related experience 5 years:- Possess project management experience with knowledge of agreement/contract negotiation.
– Superior organizational and procedural skills – ability to maintain accuracy and provide correct information.
– Excellent written and oral communication.
– Experience in leading and managing projects.
– Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently through to completion.
– Work in a multi-cultural team include remote collaboration to Development Managers.
Technical & Soft Skills
– Working knowledge in using Salesforce.
– Project management experience.
– Excellent MS Office, and Internet skills.
– Must be highly motivated.
– Ability to take initiative and manage a wide scope of projects.
– Excellent communication skills – interpersonal, written and oral.
– Ability to make sound, independent decisions, reflecting the high professional standards and expectations of the department and organization.
– Excellent organizational skills.
– Highly detail-oriented.
– Excellent customer service skills.
– Self-starter and ability to take initiative.
– Self-awareness and eager for continued professional growth.
– Flexibility and patience.
– Ability to work both independently, and within a team.
– Ability to work within a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines, multitask and cope with multiple activities.