Focus Financial Partners
Associate General Counsel, M&A
This is an outstanding opportunity for a mid to senior-level M&A attorney to join a growing, collegial legal team at either the New York City or the West Palm Beach, FL office of Focus Financial Partners, a NASDAQ-listed company (FOCS). Focus Financial Partners is a leading partnership of over 85 independent wealth management and financial services firms located throughout the United States and abroad that is actively growing through its robust acquisition strategy. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, driven, team-oriented and comfortable working in a dynamic and entrepreneurial public company environment.
- Taking a lead role in M&A and other transactions for Focus and its partner firms, including by drafting and negotiating transaction agreements and related documentation, participating in due diligence and discussing legal and business issues that arise with the business teams.
- Drafting and negotiating vendor, services and other commercial contracts for Focus and its partner firms, including NDAs/confidentiality and similar agreements.
- Support corporate secretarial functions and related corporate filings.
- Drafting of reporting documents and filings and other public company related matters.
- Managing and coordinating with outside counsel when necessary.
- A Juris Doctor degree from a nationally recognized U.S. law school.
- A minimum of eight years as an attorney at a major U.S. law firm focusing largely on M&A and other transactional matters. Additional relevant in-house experience is a plus but not required.
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects and transactions independently and efficiently, including in areas outside of your expertise.
- Excellent writing (including drafting) and oral communication skills.
- Sound business judgement and the ability to think strategically and communicate effectively.
- An understanding of securities laws and SEC regulation generally. Familiarity with the regulation of investment advisers specifically will be a plus.
- Desire to work collaboratively as part of a cohesive team.