About the job
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Banking Operations Team Lead at StashAway, you will lead a team of Operations Executives to ensure that key daily operational processes are executed with precision, as well as oversee the growth and development of the team members.
You will work closely with the Client Engagement, Technology, Compliance and Product teams to manage and develop a scalable, robust operational infrastructure.
You enjoy constantly thinking of ways to make complex processes more efficient while keeping a keen eye on the big picture. You are comfortable with continuous learning-on-the-job and grasp intricate topics quickly. You are also adept at thinking on your feet to solve problems in a creative and holistic manner.
- Oversee the day-to-day operational chain (e.g. daily fund transfers for the business, investigation of flagged transactions and risk screening of customers) to ensure that all crucial cut-off times are consistently met.
- Investigate and resolve operational issues (e.g. stalled withdrawals, reconciliation errors) together with our Technology team and external stakeholders such as our banking and brokerage partners.
- Manage and prioritize resources (whether technology, internal manpower or with other stakeholders) to deliver optimum value for the organization.
- Provide effective support and mentoring to the team to facilitate their personal development while assessing their needs and priorities from personal well-being and mental health perspective.
- Take ownership of end-to-end operational process flows by driving documentation and brainstorming improvement ideas.
- Open only to Malaysia Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- At least 4-6 years of experience in Operations, Audit or similar functions, including at least 1 year of team management experience.
- Bachelors degree, preferably in the following disciplines, e.g. Business Management, Operations, Finance, Accounting.
- Strong communication skills in English with the ability to effectively engage multiple stakeholders in discussions
- Ability to learn quickly, as well as being comfortable with understanding and designing detailed end-to-end flows.
- We have an annual Learning & Development budget of S$1,000/year for you to take charge of your personal development!
- Rational, logical and data-driven approach to problem-solving.
- Comfortable with multi-tasking and taking responsibility in challenging situations.
- Team player who is committed to learning from and teaching others.
Good to Have:
- Good understanding of Technology (e.g. what is an API and how does it work?) in a FinTech environment
- Familiarity with usage of SQL in a real-world business context.
Employee financial and physical well-being
- Compensation package: you will receive a competitive total compensation package that includes employee stock options if you are a full-time employee.
- Comprehensive insurance coverage: free panel outpatient GP clinic visits, group hospitalisation and surgical insurance, and Covid hospitalisation insurance coverage (conditions apply).
- Management fee discount: you will receive an employee discount on your asset management fees when you invest with StashAway.
Flexible work arrangements and policies
- Work-from-home policy: you may choose to work from home or the office depending on what works best for you and your team.
- Work-from-anywhere policy: you may request to work remotely for up to eight weeks in another country.
- Unlimited paid annual leave: it should be simple for you to decide if you would like to take more or fewer days off. We trust that you are accountable for your work and know best if you need 10 or 30 days of paid annual leave that year.
- Personal work equipment budget: it’s important that you have a workstation that’s optimal for you wherever you are.
Learning and development opportunities
- Annual L&D budget: you will be given a SGD 1,000 (approximately MYR 3,000) budget to help you continuously learn in your pursuit of your professional and personal development. You may use the budget for resources and tools that may help you perform better at work.
- Discount on selected postgraduate courses with INTI: you will receive a 40% discount for the courses you enrol in. Your spouse or children are entitled to a 16% discount for courses they enrol in.
Team bonding budget and initiatives
- Quarterly team bonding budget: we encourage you to socialise with colleagues across job functions, departments, and entities to know them better as individuals beyond what they professionally do.
- Bi-annual off-sites (once in Apr and Oct): each off-site gathers all employees for a full day of company-wide team bonding activities and challenges.
Partnership discounts and benefits
- Perkaholic: you receive exclusive discounts and benefits for a plethora of goods and services through our partnership with Perkaholic.