About the job
At Vida, we empower individuals to overcome chronic mental and physical health conditions, once and for all. The impact of chronic conditions on healthcare is immense: in the US alone, chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease drive 80% of the $3 trillion healthcare spending, which is at 18% of GDP. One in 3 individuals has a chronic health condition, and 1 in 4 struggles with mental health.
Vida provides expert, personalized, on-demand health coaching and programs from a network of experienced health care providers and leading medical institutions. Vida is a next generation continuous care platform for both consumers and businesses, combining a consumer mobile app, an enterprise care platform offering on demand 24/7 solutions for chronic conditions. Vida platform runs in the cloud, captures real-time data from 100+ devices and apps, and integrates back to the employer, payer, and provider. We are trusted by Fortune 1000 companies, major national payers and large providers to enable their employees live their healthiest lives.
About The Role
As a Vida Health Guide Engagement Representative (this is not a Health Coach position), you will help support, communicate, and encourage members to get started as they work toward reaching their health goals. Using your customer service, sales and health and wellness background you will play a key role in the successful enrollment of members into the Vida Health Coaching opportunity. This is your chance to bring your passion for seeing lives changed and amazing customer minded personality to help members jumpstart their journey to leading a healthier life!
- Engage with members through use of Motivational interviewing and rapport building techniques to provide information on services offered and to gather data pertaining to member’s physical and mental health goals
- Hold direct responsibility for completing outbound outreach to eligible members and for completing enrollment based on member’s conditions and health goals
- Take in-bound calls from members to conduct assessments, answer questions related to services, assist with program enrollment based on interests and health goals, and help members with app navigation
- Maintain product/service knowledge and awareness of member service policies and privacy regulations, and adhere to requirements
- Develop business correspondences aimed to engage future members by maintaining on-going communication channel with members for potential enrollment
- Ensure member confidentiality at all times according to HIPAA regulations and training programs
- Support Vida Service Center projects on an ad-hoc basis, including updating trainings, leading peer sessions or team meetings, brainstorming scripting improvements, and quality monitoring
- Identify and escalate process and system enhancements to the lead team to improve the member enrollment experience
- Ensure all process guidelines are handled accurately, urgently and professionally during Crisis call scenarios
- Handle objections reasonably and with professionalism by sharing Vida value points, and capturing feedback from members that are not interested in the program offerings
- High School Diploma and 4 years of experience in customer service or sales preferably in a healthcare environment; or
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in a health related field such as nutrition, health exercise physiology or health education) and 1 year experience in customer service or sales in a healthcare environment
- Ability to communicate effectively, build rapport and provide a high level of professionalism through written and oral communication
- Ability to adapt to change and pick up new technology easily
- A positive attitude and resilient mindset are necessary for outbound outreach to members who can benefit from Vida’s services
- Candidates who are creative problem solvers, comfortable with ambiguity, detail oriented and thrive in a fast-paced work environments
- Interpersonal skills and technical product knowledge and expertise are critical to successfully helping members initiate their health journey with Vida.
- Experience in member engagement or customer service in a health care environment (insurance plan or hospital) preferred
- Prior experience with cloud-based phone systems or CRM software, namely Genesys
- Flexibility to adjust schedules, scripting and technique based on our member population and business requirements
Benefits & Perks
- Accruable sick time, 401k, Health Coach & Stress Mgmt
- Weekly meetups with team members across the country through our #connectandcommit program
- Quarterly All Company Events Virtually
- Quarterly Team Based Connection Opportunities Virtually
- Significant opportunities for growth and development as the business grows