Canadian Bar Association
The Marketing Specialist reports to the Manager of Media Relations and Public Affairs and works with internal stakeholders to develop marketing campaigns to support products, programs and services. This Specialist also leads campaign execution and analyzes performance reporting on results.
- Works with internal stakeholders to develop marketing campaigns
- Writes and implements campaign briefs including:
- Identifying marketing objectives
- Writing key messages for various audiences and marketing channels
- Identifying audience segments and appropriate marketing channels
- Budgeting for digital advertising campaigns
- Developing timelines for related communications activities
- Define targets to measure success
- Writes and edits creative and engaging marketing copy and social media posts
- Defines, tracks and reports on KPIs to measure success and updates messaging and collateral to maximize campaign success
- Proactively identifies enhancements and improvements to existing member communications
- Stays up to date with digital and traditional communication and marketing trends.
- Ensures the branding standards are met in all publications, distributed materials and office communications
- Other related duties as assigned
A college diploma or university degree in marketing or a related discipline such as multi-media is required. Equivalencies will be considered.
A minimum 3 years of experience in a marketing role within a non-profit and/or member-based association. Equivalencies from the private sector will be considered.
Skills And Abilities
- Demonstrable work experience with marketing campaigns and web technologies, such as online tools and social media
- In-depth knowledge of:
- Social media platforms
- Adobe CC products
- Microsoft Office
- Email, web and social media analytical tools
- Digital advertising tools
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, written and verbal and detail-oriented
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills and adherence to strict deadlines
- Excellent client service approach through interaction with staff members, directors, executive directors
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively, under pressure, and as a part of a team
- Knowledge of the Canadian legal system is preferred
- Bilingualism is required (English and French)