About the job
Zespri is the world’s largest marketer of kiwifruit with over 800 people in New Zealand and throughout Asia, Europe and the Americas.
We help people, communities and the environment thrive through the goodness of kiwifruit. We sit at the heart of an interconnected industry working with 2,800 growers in New Zealand and 1,500 growers in Italy, France, Greece, South Korea and Japan. We supply the world’s healthiest little superfruits to people in more than 50 countries. We are fruit on a mission.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. We commit to guardianship; putting people, the community, and the environment first. We are results-driven, challenging ourselves to grow and deliver better value. We cultivate personal connections, listening and acting with empathy and humility – and treating each other better for it.
We are growing quickly, driven by our success in engaging more and more consumers and by offering the world’s best kiwifruit 12 months of the year. We have bold ambitions and aim to grow sales from approximately $3 billion in 2018 to $4.5 billion by 2025.
To achieve our goals, we’re empowering our people to achieve their goals, designing our work for wellbeing, through flexible work practices and self-leadership.
We have bold ambitions for the future and we want all of our people to live and perform at their best.
About The Role
Lead & execute shopper facing marketing activities with excellence to deliver sales targets & marketing objectives in the evolving Vietnam market.
1. Develop, execute and optimize marketing activities for Shoppers
- Lead the shopper marketing strategy & execution such as Channel Strategy, Price-Pack architecture, Package Design, In-store Promotions, POS materials and Fruit Sampling activities.
- Operate field merchandiser and promoter activity in market to maximize the visibility in-store in conjunction with the market development team.
- Operate Fruit Sampling activity in market to maximize the trial & sales run rate in conjunction with the market development team.
- Optimise shopper marketing activities to meet any seasonal business target changes or changing market conditions in conjunction with the market development team.
- Co-work on key account retail shopper marketing programs with market development team to deliver the most effective & efficient content/program within budget.
- Design the guideline on shopper communication in E-Commerce for the market and increase online visibility in conjunction with the market development team
- Deliver 5 year long term Shopper marketing strategy in line with overall marketing objective for longer term brand growth
2. Lead in-store Sustainability initiatives
- Understand market, customer, consumer & shopper requirements on the sustainability goals in conjunction with subject matter expertise in Zespri’s Centre of Excellence (CoE) team.
- Lead the in-store Sustainability solution offerings in the fruit category.
- Collect information on distributor packaging materials to evaluate Zespri’s sustainability footprint for entering in Zespri’s Frontier system.
3. Lead shopper research & market analysis
- Lead any market shopper research to deepen our understanding and infuse the key learnings into the strategy & plan development.
- Lead market analysis by utilising customer POS/sales data (where available) to offer the most effective in-store promotion by different channel/store type.
- Collect, monitor, evaluate and regularly report on Zespri’s & competitor shopper marketing activities.
4. Drive Return on Marketing Investment to maximize the use of Shopper Marketing budget.
- Manage the delivery of assigned marketing activities within the agreed budget
- Lead ROMI project in shopper marketing activities and drive continuous efficiency & effectiveness.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications or related field
- At least 5 years’ Shopper or Trade Marketing experience in FMCG international company.
- In-store Marketing activity project lead experience minimum 3 years. Full agency control & internal process management experience are mandatory.
- Robust Experience in POS analysis with strong analytical skill is mandatory.
- Quantitative and/or Qualitative market research experience is mandatory.
- Experience in cross functional team (sales/market development and/or supply chain/finance) is mandatory.
- Experience or capability to work effectively with global/regional marketing team is mandatory.
- Team player, trustworthy, reliable with high attention to detail – needs to ensure activities are compliant with Zespri standards and guidelines
- Experience working with retailers/distributors to implement instore marketing in Vietnam highly desirable.
- Computer skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Fluency in Vietnamese & English (both written and speaking)
If you’d like to join a purpose-led, values based organisation, that puts people at the heart of what we do, apply now!