Why join Stryker?
We are proud to be named one the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Our total rewards package offering includes bonuses, healthcare, insurance benefits, retirement programs, wellness programs, as well as service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities, all of which are location specific.
The Job´s Mission
Stryker Head & Neck is seeking a dynamic leader to drive our Brand Marketing offense in the Neurosurgical and Cranial Restoration market segments. The product portfolio includes high speed drills, ultrasonic aspirator system, fusion technologies, bi-polar forceps, and cranial restoration implants. Find more information about the Neurosurgical & Cranial Restoration product portfolio here.
As Brand Marketing Manager, you are the Pan-European brand expert who sets strategic direction and ensures execution for portfolio growth through development and execution of marketing campaigns and strategies, portfolio development, internal and external education strategies, and European customer engagement campaigns. This is a management position that contributes and achieves results through others. In this role, you will be responsible for leading the junior brand team (2 direct reports), developing talent, and aligning team priorities.
Your Key Responsibilities
- In alignment with global strategy, you will set annual and long-range brand/indications strategy to achieve required growth, profit and market share targets.
- You will create/distribute scalable assets, tools, marketing campaigns (“menu”) and best practices which can be localized for maximum impact.
- You will identify education, brand experience and customer engagement opportunities for both internal and external audiences to increase brand perception and value in collaboration with the Education Manager.
- You will develop trust and strong relationships with local marketers, sales professionals, internal stakeholders, and key customers (KOL).
- In collaboration with the Divisional/Portfolio Marketing/Local Marketing teams, you will create the Annual Marketing Plan and portfolio roadmap over a 3–5-year horizon.
- You will work closely with country leadership to forecast demand develop relationships with supply chain partners.
- You will define and execute regional product life cycle including phase-in (launch) and phase-out of products.
- You will provide analysis of business performance, brand perception, and other drivers of future brand performance.
- You will partner with divisional resources to develop portfolio through new product development, line extensions, and M&A activity.
- In partnership with the Education Manager, you will identify internal training needs and create relevant content and training programs.
- You will create Pan-European, scalable customer engagement events such as facility tours/events/congresses, hands-on opportunities, and medical education programs.
- You will manage branding, messaging, positioning, and pricing of assigned brands based on market, customer, and competitive insights.
- You will take the lead in developing KOL’s for the brand.
- With support from your manager, you will coordinate the HCP academy plans & execute in line with the brand strategy.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Marketing, Engineering, Life Science, or relevant field (Masters or MBA highly desirable).
- 8+ years of work experience required.
- 5+ years medical device or marketing/sales experience preferred.
- 2+ years of people management experience preferred.
- Proven successful track record in leading marketing projects incl. marketing plans, product launches and campaigns.
- Strong track record as leader of cross-functional projects, ability to build and maintain cross-functional as well as cross-geographical relationships.
- Strategic thinking with hands-on mentality, develops and champions new ideas, challenges the status quo.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal communications skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to manage multiple projects while delivering on established timeline.
- Ability to understand and work within complex interdivisional procedures and policies.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word & PowerPoint).
- Fluency in English required, another European language preferred.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/