Insights by Kantar
About the job
Kantar is the world’s leading data, insights and consulting company. We understand more about how people think, feel, shop, share, vote and view than anyone else. Combining our expertise in human understanding with advanced technologies. Kantar’s 25,000 people based in more than 100 countries help the world’s leading organizations succeed and grow. Nobody knows people better than Kantar. We provide insight and inspiration to help our clients, our people and society to create and flourish in an extraordinary world.
Our insights colleagues are experts in human understanding. With expertise covering brand, innovation, creative, media, commerce, and customer experience, we help clients define what brands should stand for, how to disrupt and renew their offer, how to connect with audiences and how to win with consumers and customers.
Reporting directly to Client Partnership Executive Director, Insights, Vietnam, you will be a leader and an accomplished, savvy, commercial executive with strong Marketing and Consulting expertise to develop key clients for Vietnam. As Business Development Director within Insights division, you will succeed in this, demonstrating your extensive commercial experience both winning new business and growing relationships for key identified client(s), esp. amongst local clients across potential emerging sectors helping those clients apply market research and marketing consulting to their strategic advantage.
This person is encouraged to:
- Identify whitespace opportunities for Vietnam. Deliver revenue growth for key identified clients/ accounts by penetrating clients, building & strengthening relationships – opening “whitespace opportunities” and accessing client budgets in across commercial functions whereas possible (e.g. marketing consultancy, strategy, digital, and analytics).
- Business development in potential emerging sectors via identifying those potential clients that are under-penetrated, investing time to develop capability & relationship.
- Drive for Results. Demonstrating your marketing and consulting expertise, develop a clear practical agenda to act on the clients’ business priorities through understanding their issues. Proactively uncover and drive relationships with clients with phenomenal potential and turn these opportunities into commercial reality for the Insights division.
Our best Business Development Leaders succeed at these key accountabilities through personal, client, and business impact.
- Encourages others. Is skilled at getting individuals, teams, and organizations behind an aligned purpose for client penetration. Drives others to perform at the highest level and to openly adopt change. Be a skillful influencer and communicator, delivering a compelling vision and purpose. Builds a climate where people are motivated and encouraged to deliver their very best.
- Acts with authenticity. A person of high integrity. Consistently acts in line with a clear and visible set of values and beliefs. Deals and talks straight and walks their talk. Is direct, candid, and authentic but at same time can keep confidences and encourage trust.
- Acts courageously. Faces adversity head on; relishes leading in crisis and is energized by tough challenges. Comfortably confronts and works through conflict; take personal responsibility to ensure resolution. Not afraid to make negative decisions, take tough action and challenge the status quo. Conveys enthusiasm and belief in a positive outcome in difficult situations and inspires others to believe they can succeed and embrace the challenge themselves.
- Adopt collaboration. Collaborates to deliver the best outcome for the client with the courage and conviction to avoid compromise or consensus. Accomplishes this by relating well to a wide variety of diverse styles, culture, and classes. Quickly finds common ground and solve problems for the good of all; is seen as a great teammate and is collaborative.
- Enables innovation. Enthused by the opportunity to bring innovation to clients, transform the industry and lead others to deliver against our unique potential. Enables the next great break through idea and can project how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace. Wants to win in the marketplace and deeply believes in the quality and breadth of Kantar’s outstanding expertise and capability.
- Drives client leadership. Establishes strong and long-lasting partnerships with clients, internal and external, based on trust, credibility, relevance, and impact. Knows the clients’ business needs in depth and has a deep appreciation of how to demonstrate the best of Kantar to contribute to client’s success.
- Takes critical action. Can solve even the toughest and most sophisticated of problems. Great at gleaning meaning from whatever data is available and quick to study the new and different. Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment. Moves effectively from analysis, to solution, to action.
- Drives for business results. Charges everything with drive and energy. Is passionate about action and results. Demonstrates personal resilience and encourages it in others. Is unafraid to initiate action before all the facts are known. Can be counted on to exceeded goals optimally. Steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Lead Generation/ Sales: Strong expertise in lead generation, lead management, through to purchase, ability to impact across all areas in the sales funnel
- Relationship Building: Ability to build deep client relationships, negotiate artfully, choosing when to intervene, and positioning self as true advisor to client
- Commercial Acumen: Strong grasp around financials, business fundamentals, ability to articulate client and commercial impact
- Strategic Thinking: Ability to bring outside-in thinking, strong conceptual thinker, ability to engage in both short-term and long-term strategic planning with the clients
- Communication: Ability to identify client business issues, and bring the right mix of Kantar’s offers to resolve and create value for client
- Perseverance: A high level of resilience and agility; an ability to deal with challenging situations and bounce back from setbacks
- Organization: Ability to align and enable CS Teams internally, monitor progress, coach/ mentor team members
- Business Development/ Sales in previous role/ roles
- Consulting and Advisory, Strategic Planning, Marketing experience across professional career
- Market Research, Consumer Insights or Consulting Industry experience
- Vietnam Experience