When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The Vietnam team comprises of a highly motivated, passionate, business driven bunch of problem solvers who create impactful experiences for our clients. Here at Visa, we strive to excel with our partners and via strong collaboration, we look to enable and inspire all players in the ecosystem to bring the best payment experience to end users. If you are business savvy with financial payment industry experience and have the technical background necessary to help further establish Visa as a leading payments solutions partner in Vietnam, you should apply.
What a Senior Business Development Manager Does At Visa
- Discuss and deeply understand client business strategy/business model and consult client on winning digital payment and ecosystem solutions. The business model will be diversified across consumer and corporate businesses.
- Cultivate relationship with client key stakeholders in partnership with product solution and cross functional teams
- Work with clients to focus on driving usage, user experience, new product solutions, ecommerce, cross-border transactions and merchant acceptance.
- Identify new payment flows interacting with issuers, and develop CVPs for new product, new segments differentiated by departments / payment flows
- Develop collateral, internal and external product content, collaborating with in-country, regional and global product partners and other stakeholders
- Execution of strategic priorities to accelerate payment volumes growth and expansion in partnership with financial institutions
- Develop and ensure the implementation of team, country and regional goals
- Responsible for Client forecast, P&L, and tracking of performance
This position will be reporting to the Head of Sales and based in Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh.
Why this is important to Visa
In this role, you will be the connector between Visa and the clients, being able to showcase Visa capabilities and make impact to the clients business. You will work closely with key functions in Visa such as the Merchant Solutions & Acquiring, Consumer, Business Solutions, Visa Consulting and Analytic teams to identify areas of opportunity for growing payment volumes, expanding acceptance through implementing new solutions, products and payment services, leveraging Visa and client’s digital payment capabilities.
The idea candidate will have a good understanding of the financial and banking industry. Also, having experience in card and digital payment as well as a good appreciation of payment industry opportunity and challenges will be an advantage. In this role, you will be the champion in providing turnkey solutions to help clients differentiate their products and services.
Projects You Will Be a Part Of
- To take ownership of the business relationships between Visa and our clients through business development and sales efforts aimed at ensuring profitability and development of Visa’s brand, reputation and business presence and impact. This includes development and execution of business strategies, business plans, sales and projects which propagate profitable business for Visa and for our clients.
- Assess opportunities to introduce relevant Visa solutions to clients and be responsible for account and product business planning and submission of product propositions to clients for consideration.
- Recommend strategy for securing individual clients’ agreements and engagement with Visa initiatives
- Develop individual business case justification for investment decisions and propose to both Country and Regional Management for approval.
- Champion and lead digital innovation, solutions to differentiate client payment products and services
QualificationsWhat You Will Need
- Recognized degree preferably in Business Management
- 10+ years of proven sales and relationship management, with expertise in payments/ financial services industry
- Prior sales and consulting experience within the financial services sector
- Knowledge of retail/ commercial/digital banking
- Deep expertise in navigating client relationship matrix. Experience in dealing and managing state-owned banks relationship at both working and senior management levels would be a plus.
- Solid understanding of the Vietnam digital payment landscape and banking industry
- Fluent in English and Vietnamese
What Will Also Help
- Solutions-focused mind-set
- Strategic thinking combined with good business acumen
- Strong account management and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and networking skills
- Digital mind-set and adaptive leadership
- Positive and result orientated team player
- Self-starter with a commitment to learn and a sense of curiosity
- Ability to navigate and work in ambiguous situationsAdditional InformationVisa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the country where this job is located are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.VietnamVisa Inc.VisaBusiness Development