About the job
9GAG was founded in 2008 with one mission: Make the world happier. Today, 9GAG is a global cross-platform entertainment network with 200+ million audiences around the world, distributing 8.4 billion video views a month across all platforms. 9GAG is ranked #1 in entertainment & gaming on social media globally, #1 in cross-platform video creation in the US, and the most followed entertainment brand on Instagram in the world. We continue to bring our mission and impact to the Web3 space and communities.
9GAG is backed by Freestyle Capital, True Ventures, First Round Capital, Greycroft Partners, 500 Startups, Y Combinator, and a group of great angel investors in the United States.
9GAG values H2O: Hustle to go all-in to achieve the goal at hand, Humble to embrace the better ideas of others, Open to welcome differences and possibilities. We believe a great workplace combines great colleagues and hard problems.
About the role
In view of our business expansion, 9GAG is looking for an aggressive individual with an entrepreneurial mindset to join us as the Business Development Manager to maximize our commercial opportunities and commercial product development. This is a business development + sales role based remotely in Hong Kong.
- Actively secure new revenue and identify new business opportunities by means of heavy prospecting with focus on 9GAG’s media platforms.
- Deliver revenue targets by closing engaging partnerships and managing these partnerships through to close.
- Develop strategic sales outreaching strategy, whitelist and prioritise sales prospects, develop proactive proposals and follow-through potential leads.
- Working closely with Account Management, Social, and Operations teams from developing campaign ideas to proposals, and from product sell-through to campaign execution in the various markets.
- Work closely with the Social team to identify and translate market patterns into actionable product insights.
- Developing and nurturing relationships with clients and agencies
- Work alongside the Account Management team to ensure optimal and timely proposal creation and execution, including inventory forecasting, media trafficking, and ad ops follow-up.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline.
- 3+ years experience in a client-facing and sales role in digital media publisher / media agency category, regional experience preferred.
- Good understanding of Social Media platforms and the content trends in the market.
- Strong grasp of Keynote, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Good project management skills. Deadline driven.
- Decision-making oriented & able to quickly react to changing environments.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, excellent grasp of English.
- Knowledgeable of the latest digital advertising trends and fast-paced social media scene.
- Strong self-discipline and a sense of ownership.
- Moderate travel.
Benefits & Perks
We take care of our teammates to take great care of themselves and their families so we all can perform our best at work!
- 100% remote work
- 25-day paid time off, 20-week maternity, 8-week paternity, plus family/pet care, marriage, birthday Leave, and more.
- US$1.5M Health insurance per teammate
- Life insurance
- Home Office Setup Allowance