Australian Trade and Investment Commission (Austrade)
About the job
- Classification: Austrade Overseas Performance Level C (AOPL C)
- Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Salary: USD 25,046 per annum
The Australian Trade and Investment Commission (Austrade) is recruiting for a Business Development Manager (BDM) covering Trade and Investment located in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. Austrade supports qualified Australian businesses through their international expansion journey to go further, faster.
The opportunity is for 3-year fixed term, renewable by mutual agreement.
- An integral part of the Vietnam business development team, your role is to provide services to Australian companies looking to enter and expand in Vietnam, by providing advice on market conditions, market entry strategies, potential partners, and the regulatory environment; conducting market research, coordinating events and visit programs; and providing in-market support.
- Under the supervision of the Senior Business Development Manager – Investment and Energy and Resources, support the Senior Trade Commissioner on reporting, marketing, strategic communications, business development and related activities.
- Manage a fast-changing investment attraction and trade development workload covering diverse stakeholders and partners, within internally and externally driven timeframes.
- Assist in planning, coordinating, and implementing business matching activities such as investment and trade promotional events, marketing campaigns, trade displays and market visits, including by government Ministers and officials.
- Work collaboratively with Austrade colleagues in Australia, States, Territories, and partners (professional firms and industry bodies)
- Undertake research and analysis in related industry sectors, recognising emerging global, regional and local trends. Match Australian industry capabilities with potential trade opportunities in Vietnam.
- Contribute to Austrade’s inward investment efforts through direct identification and account management of Vietnamese companies seeking to invest in Australia.
- Monitor macroeconomic and corporate developments across Vietnam and inter-ASEAN to identify themes, trends, risk factors or investment opportunities
- Report writing including drafting and preparation of research reports for Australian clients and investment trend analysis in related industries as and when required.
- Utilise internal databases and knowledge management systems to support work practices. Actively apply Austrade business practices and maintain accuracy of information in all Austrade business systems to deliver accurate and timely reporting and effective relationship management.
- Contribute to knowledge creation within Austrade by sharing knowledge, information, and insights to support the enhancement of Austrade’s digital service channels.
- Build and maintain networks with key business contacts, government agencies and other stakeholders in Vietnam.
- Work closely with businesses to determine their needs and help them develop international growth strategies specific to your market
- Clearly communicate Austrade’s services and value proposition to clients and partners.
For more detailed information please view the Job Information Pack.
To be eligible for consideration and appointment you must have:
- Work Authorisation – to be eligible for employment with Austrade in Vietnam, candidates must be legally authorised to live and work in Vietnam at the time of appointment.
- Language – the successful candidate must be a highly motivated team member, fluent in written and spoken English and Vietnamese.
- Security Clearance – the successful applicant must be willing to complete an Entry Level Screening Pack and be confirmed as a suitable person to access Government resources prior to commencement in the role.