The role of the Business Manager is to be part of the team that deliver large pieces of work delivering to creative and commercial ambitions. You will be responsible for ensuring that we use our way of working to bring together the right people (client team, internal agency team and partners) together at the right moments, with the right tools to ensure that we are designing solutions fit for purpose. You will also be responsible for driving the team to create and deliver market-leading, insight led strategies, campaigns, and communications. You will ensure projects overall, and each piece of work, is delivered on budget and on time, and will be the single point of account leadership to deliver that piece of work.
What will a day in the role look like?
- Managing the seamless delivery of creative projects – you will be the central point of contact for the client and the agency on all client projects and will be aware of all elements, their status and what needs to be done to move a project forward.
- Lead the production process – you will be required to oversee and lead your team in the production process taking responsibility for work being produced to an excellent standard, on time, every time.
- Problem solving – you will need to be able to problem solve at any stage of the process and work issues through to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Ensure comprehension of the strategy and creative thinking, and your requirement for on brand delivery of ideas and campaign creative, you will participate in (but not be responsible for) the concept development process.
- Development of ongoing execution of the work – you will be the main point of contact for the ongoing management and presentation of the work as it evolves in its journey to market.
- You will be required to oversee and manage the day-to-day management of all project finances; monitoring, reporting, and managing changes throughout the project to ensure budget remains on track.
What will you need?
- Proven ability to juggle multiple jobs whilst maintaining good attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills as a team player
- A passion for creativity and doing great work
- Ability to think beyond execution and to offer solutions rather than problems
- Resilience and being calm under pressure
- Thrive in a busy environment
- Possess strong communication and presentation skills
About Colenso BBDO?
Colenso BBDO is a creatively led, culturally driven, globally focused creative company who happen to be based in Auckland, NZ. We build a brands culture and are focused on creativity, innovation, and effectiveness. We partner with ambitious and progressive brands across NZ and the world who seek to define their role and relationship with culture.
We’ve been named NZ Agency of the Decade by Campaign Brief (2x consecutive decades), #1 Cannes Agency of the Decade (Pacific), #10 Global Cannes Agency of the Decade, Contagious Best and Bravest Agency 2017-2020, #1 Spikes Agency of the Year (APAC, 2019) and #1 Effies Agency of the Year (APAC, 2020, 2021).