At Optus, our vision is to be Australia’s most loved everyday brand with lasting customer relationships. Our people are at the heart of our vision and we are passionate about creating an environment that encourages our people to achieve their best – personally and professionally.
About the Role:
The Business Operations & Vendor Management Lead role is responsible for end-to-end oversight of Optus Business’ vendor management across the entire business unit. This includes vendor and supplier engagements across Sales, Service, Care, Product, Marketing, Research, Data, Insights & Analytics, Digital, Risk & Compliance. This role will provide support to the Director of Business Operations & Governance and the cross functional stakeholder group to ensure the rigorous management of our vendors and suppliers.
This lead plays a critical role in ensuring Optus Business has the correct contractual agreements in place with our vendors and suppliers, as well as being able to apply appropriate contractual measures for new agreements being established.
The Business Operations and Vendor Management lead role will provide commercial advice on the impacts of financial and contractual risk, including mitigating vendor risks if required, monitoring contractual end dates, ensuring timely reviews and renewals as required, and providing support to Optus Business stakeholders across the entire BU around contract management related discussions and output. The Vendor Management lead will be required to report to key stakeholders on contractual progress from procurement to delivery completion.
This is a full-time, permanent opportunity. Please note that while this position is advertised in Sydney, we are accepting applications from candidates based across any Australian state.
- Experience in account management of vendors & partner management
- Excellent understanding of procurement
- Financial analysis experience and commercial acumen. Strong understanding of contracts, terms & expiries
- Partnership building & negotiation skills
- Ability to value-track and identify cost-efficiencies
- Strong communication & presentation skills
- Newly created role providing unique autonomy to tailor functions, processes and tasks based on your skills, insights & experience
- Recently refreshed and growth-focused business unit with an entrepreneurial and energetic outlook
- Career progression pathways aided by high visibility across the business and interactions across multiple teams. Grow & develop alongside your vendors
- Ongoing training, development & support
- A welcoming, inclusive & diverse work culture
- Competitive salary package, bonuses & incentives
- Access to a wide range of employee benefits and discounts, including retail partner discounts, discounts on Optus products and services, and access to health & wellbeing services
Sounding like an opportunity you’d say ‘Yes!’ to?
Hit ‘Apply Now’ to submit your application for the role, including a copy of your current resume.Due to the fast-paced nature of our business, applications will be short-listed on a rolling basis – so please submit your application as soon possible.
Curious about our culture? Go behind the scenes with our people by searching #OptusLife on LinkedIn.
Please note: As a provider of essential services across Australia, Optus has a critical role in the community through keeping our customers connected to the people they love and the things that matter. It is also our priority to ensure we provide our amazing people and our customers with a healthy and safe workplace environment. In light of the significant risks posed by COVID-19, Optus expects all workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by 1st December 2021 and will require vaccination for certain roles as well as access to Optus workplaces. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this policy or how it impacts you, including any concerns you might have about meeting this requirement.