PayBright, an Affirm company, provides affordable and transparent installment payment plans to Canadians at checkout. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing fintech companies, we partner with thousands of domestic and international retailers like Hudson’s Bay, Samsung, Sephora, Wayfair, and eBay to offer flexible payment plans to consumers – both in-store and online. In January 2021, PayBright was acquired by Affirm, one of the leading payment solutions providers in North America and a pioneer in our industry. In addition to being aligned on nurturing a diverse and supportive work culture, both PayBright and Affirm believe in the continual innovation of financial products that meet the needs of the modern consumer in the US, Canada, and beyond.
We are a remote-first, diverse, and growing team of over 200 people, with a physical office located in downtown Toronto.
Visit us at paybright.com to learn more!
PayBright (an Affirm company) is growing, and so is our Talent team! We are seeking a dynamic Business Recruiter who shares our philosophy that finding high-quality talent requires innovative, out-of-the-box thinking versus traditional reactive methods. As the first impression of our company, you’ll need to be able to relay a compelling picture of our company, vision, culture and responsibilities to potential candidates, and be fearless in pursuing great candidates.
The Talent team makes sure that the candidate experience is enhanced by a top-notch hiring process. We take great pride in a fast but thoughtful approach and our philosophy of quick and consistent communication with all candidates. We are passionate about building a diverse and inclusive team and we need someone who shares these values!
What You’ll Do
- Team up with hiring managers across the PayBright team to build strategies and pipeline: source, assess, and close high-caliber candidates
- Partner with leadership to develop short and long-term recruiting objectives and strategies to attract and hire diverse talent
- Continuously build a network of potential candidates
- Conduct in-depth interviews with an advanced level of curiosity
- Support ad hoc projects as needed and be willing to do whatever it takes at a moment’s notice to seize an opportunity; the market moves quickly and so should you
- Be an ambassador of our candidate experience by constantly thinking of ways we can enhance our employer brand
- Proactively recruit and maintain relationships with highly sought after candidates
What We Look For
- 1+ years of full lifecycle business recruiting experience
- Proven track record of success in building strong partnerships with hiring manager and business stakeholders
- Persistent curiosity and desire to learn as much as possible about our business
- Highly collaborative recruiter who understands the value of internal relationships
- Excellent at driving the process and moving it forward despite any obstacles
- Excellent representative of the company – professional, articulate, knowledgeable and intelligent
- Ability to identify the unique value that each candidate brings to the table and manage their candidate experience accordingly
- A strong project manager who knows how to prioritize
- A fun and collaborative teammate who pitches in wherever necessary
- Ability to think creatively and critically, and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Bilingual in French and English an asset
Location – Remote Canada
PayBright is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles can be located anywhere within the province of Ontario. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely in Ontario or from PayBright’s Toronto office, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our office in Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
Why should you apply?
- We provide an outstanding work environment in a high-growth industry
- We focus on creating a positive and cohesive team-based environment, and aim to have fun doing our jobs!
- We have fun with regular team events and social activities (currently being held virtually due to COVID-19)
- We offer attractive compensation and benefits, including equity participation
- We have a prime location in downtown Toronto near amenities and public transportation
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our diverse and inclusive team is part of what makes PayBright a fulfilling place to work. PayBright is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from persons of all backgrounds.
We are proud to be partnered with the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion.
If you require any accommodations during the hiring process, please do not hesitate to let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.