Federal Group is on an exciting transformation journey involving its diverse range of Tasmanian businesses. The company operates Wrest Point and Country Club Tasmania casino resorts, and award-winning hotels MACq 01, Saffire Freycinet and Henry Jones. Federal Group also owns Vantage Group which has 12 community hotels across Tasmania and the 9/11 Bottleshop chain. While each business has its own iconic brand and signature products and experiences, together they represent the very best of Tasmania and share one goal – to deliver excellence in all that we do. Federal Group is proudly one of the state’s largest employers and is committed to continued investment in the people and places of Tasmania.
At Federal Group, our values drive what we do and how we do things:
- Never get personal: You play the ball, not the person
- Are not too proud to ask for help
- Leave it better than you found it
- Are humble, you don’t seek the limelight
- Keep your word: Your word is your bond
About the position:
We’re looking for an experienced and passionate Capability and Culture Partner. This is a newly created role within our business and will suit someone who loves driving change and delivering highly valued initiatives.
Just imagine working for an organisation that doesn’t just talk about their values, but an organisation that truly believes their values are at the core of everything they do. As the Capability and Culture Partner you will develop programs across the entire employee lifecycle with a genuine focus on bringing the values, and the individual brands of each our of businesses to life. You will have the opportunity to work from a blank (well, almost blank!) canvas, as you develop and design the learning strategy and framework for our people, as well as having a lead role in the implementation of a Learning Management System. If you are thinking that this sounds like a big job, you are probably right, but you won’t be on your own! Not only will you will have the opportunity to work with award winning employee culture and design consultants, you will also work closely with an exceptionally collaborative HR Team AND you will have the full support of the business leaders behind you as you design and execute business-wide learning & organisational development initiatives that aim to retain, develop, and manage the wellbeing of our employees.
Whilst your initial focus of this role will be on Wrest Point, this role will evolve across all of our Federal Group Tasmania businesses.
The key accountabilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with leaders to identify and analyse the training needs for their teams.
- Being a key lead in the development of an Learning Management System.
- Ensuring our values are embedded in the employees onboarding and induction experience.
- Contributing to key organisational development initiatives, including talent retention, engagement, and cultural programs.
- Designing and delivering OD initiatives aligned to the employee lifecycle, i.e., engagement sessions, wellbeing programs.
- Managing the delivery of the compliance training.
- Supporting the development of talent retention strategies across the business.
To be successful in securing this role you will have a proven track record in developing and implementing OD strategies and L&D programs in large businesses. You will be a natural self-starter with an inquisitive mind who enjoys working in a collaborative team environment. You will be highly proficient in using technology as an enabler to support the delivery of outcomes. You will also ideally have:
- 5+ years of HR business partnering or organisational development/change management experience
- Tertiary degree in Human Resources, Organisational Development or Business Management
- Experience in developing engaging and creative content
- Experience using Learning Management Systems
- Confidence in facilitating workshops and tweaking program content as required
- Strong interpersonal communication skills to relate to a diverse range of stakeholders
- A strategic and critical thinker who enjoys collaboration and perspective taking
- Most importantly, you will share our values and be energised by undertaking purposeful work in a collaborative, supporting and flexible working environment!
Why choose us?
- Salary: Competitive package
- Flexible working arrangements
- Onsite parking, free lunch and dry cleaning
- A great and truly supportive team
- Staff discounts at Hotels & Restaurants across the country
- The freedom and flexibility to bring in new ideas to the business
- Have an opportunity to make your mark at one Tasmania’s biggest privately owned employers
- The question should really be – why wouldn’t you choose us!
For more information please contact Lisa McIndoe, People and Culture Manager Wrest Point at Lisa.email@example.com
Applications close Friday 4th March 2022, however suitable applicants may be interviewed and appointed prior to this date so we encourage you to submit your application at your earliest convenience.