Korean International School
Korean International School (KIS) is an international school in Hong Kong that offers a through-train British curriculum, English medium education from Reception to 6th Form for English Speaking Community in Hong Kong. KIS is an active member of the Cambridge International Curriculum Programme which provides us with teaching materials and support for all levels.
KIS’s origin can be traced back to Saturday School, started in 1960 with just 6 students to provide for the needs of Korean community in Hong Kong. An increasingly larger community’s needs and support from Korean government was instrumental in securing and establishing KIS at Sai Wan Ho and today, we are indeed proud to serve KIS which not only cater for Korean community’s needs, but also welcome an international body of students from over 25 countries.
Job Roles And Responsibilities
- The Careers Coordinator will be responsible for careers guidance to students across the secondary school from Year 7 to Year 13. In addition, they will be integral to informing the direction of Careers Education and Guidance.
- The Careers Coordinator will report to the University and Careers Advisor (UCA). They will play a full and active role in the life of the school e.g. staff meetings & assemblies. In particular, they will:
1. Provide advice and guidance to pupils on career planning to support them in considering the various options available. To be done through group and individual meetings;
- Collaborate with the UCA, Secondary Leadership Team (SELT), Heads of Department, the Head of Sixth Form, Form Tutors in guiding students in their choice of subjects leading to academic qualification, university/college entrance and apprenticeships;
- Collaborate with SELT regarding the delivery of a planned programme of lessons (PSHE) and activities for careers education as appropriate, including developing employability skills;
- Provide support in matters of psychometric testing, careers software programmes and individual follow up guidance for pupils and parents;
- Coordinate the organisation and management of student work experience – with due regard to legal requirements of Health & Safety and safeguarding etc;
- Assist the UCA & the Head of 6th Form in organising other careers events including the School Careers Fair, Subject Selection, KIS University Evening, Employer Insight days, HE fairs etc;
- Oversee the maintenance and development of a high quality Careers and Higher Education Reference Library incl. computer based and internet access to material;
- Maintain records e.g. career guidance status, destinations;
- Attend careers conferences and undertake any suitable professional development;
- Build links with business, industry and the professions, and arrange regular input from these areas to provide information on employment and training opportunities;
- Liaise with other external careers vendors/services and organise student talks and presentations;
- Organise and run appropriate staff training on careers matters;
- Create and implement a Careers Policy, ensure it is up to date and reflects our current practice.
Other duties: To be aware of and abide by all the School’s policies, in particular safeguarding. To assist at school open days, functions and with extra-curricular activities. To attend staff Professional Development (PD) sessions and key staff meetings. To perform such other duties as may be required by the Head of Secondary. This job description will be reviewed as and when necessary in accordance with the needs of the School.
- Bachelor degree holder or related disciplines required
- Experience with teaching and leading careers programmes
- Preferably 1-2 years relevant working experience in school
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint) & Google Workspace
- Proficiency in spoken & written English
- Strong organisational skills with excellent interpersonal communication abilities
- Culturally sensitive, tolerant and patient
- Positive, proactive and independent work ethic