About the job
Winc is a leading business supplies company in Australia. Our purpose is to help every Australian achieve a better work-life. From office, school, facilities and safety essentials, services like print and marketing, to demonstrating what more is possible with our technology and workspace solutions, we have a wide product range that is easy, simple and intuitive to access, all in one place.
- Exciting opportunity to learn and support Indigenous business sector
- Support Category Manager to manage and execute Indigenous Product strategies to achieve commercial objectives
- Support the management of ongoing vendor partnerships and work collaboratively with key stakeholders within the business to drive Indigenous product growth
As a Category Specialist/Graduate, you will support the Category Manager to execute category strategies in line with company commercial objectives. You will contribute to strengthening vendor relationships, driving revenue and profitability by collaborating with other business functions such as Sales, Marketing and Supply Chain. This role may be based in either Mascot or Port Melbourne.
This position has been designated for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people only under the provisions of section 126 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
Reporting to the Category Manager, you will:
- Assist the Category Manager and support the category team to deliver and execute strategic direction for Indigenous product range
- Support sales & margin growth through effective category management practices to enhance customer experience and achieve commercial objectives
- Support analysis on data and insights to determine market trends, threats and growth opportunities
- Support alignment and transparency with the Sales, Marketing, and Supply Chain teams, with a focus to improve customer experience and drive profit improvements across all customer segments and channels
- Support the management of ongoing vendor partnerships, ensuring the best possible commercial arrangements on all products and solutions
- Maintain an understanding of performance of the assigned categories against set KPIs
- Support and drive continuous improvement and simplification in Merchandising processes
- Support Own Brand range offering and penetration to increase margin
What we look for:
- A great attitude, commitment, and a strong desire to learn and grow within our business
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Strong MS Office and have high attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree is highly desirable
- Experience in a B2B environment and SAP experience will be ideal but not a must
Working with us:
Winc is committed to Reconciliation and provides a number of benefits for First Nations Employees to support their success and cultural connections.
- Ongoing career development and support through our First Nations Career Pathways Program
- Tailored support throughout the interview and onboarding process
- Monthly Yarning Circles for all First Nations employees
- Paid Cultural Leave during NAIDOC Week, and additional paid leave for Sorry Business
- Opportunity to participate in our RAP Working Group to help us deliver on our commitments to Reconciliation, and to help inform and educate our business