About The Job
Whether you’re on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (Google Ads, AdSense, Google Marketing Platform, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product’s journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the representation of the product and help it grow a consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across Sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you’ll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
As the Chief of Staff for Google Growth and Demand (GGD), you will work closely with the Vice President of GGD on strategic marketing initiatives, lead global transformation projects, and support internal executive stakeholder communications. You will help drive operational rigor across the team including prioritization, planning, and operations. You will be a change agent that will help the team navigate ambiguity, ensure organizational health and team culture are optimized, and will be responsible for implementing new tactics to drive improvement. You work effectively across teams and regions, helping to bridge gaps, and drive efficiencies. You will bring a blend of big picture strategic thinking with operational execution skills.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google’s products solve the world’s problems–from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can–changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
(Colorado only*) Minimum full-time salary range between $169,000 – $181,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
- Oversee multiple cross-functional Marketing and Google Cloud projects, initiatives, strategies, and escalations that have direct and meaningful impact on the team and business serving as the escalation and executive point of contact.
- Manage the operating cadence for the team, including financial and headcount planning, objectives and key results, recurring marketing performance reviews, team all hands, etc.
- Identify strategic opportunities across the organization, using insights to help influence strategic direction at a Cloud Marketing.
- Nurture the Global Growth and Demand team, help grow the talent pipeline, and drive Google wide citizenship efforts.
- Support annual planning and quarterly business reviews with a data-driven approach to presentations and communications.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in marketing, sales, operations, project management, and/or consulting.
- Experience working with Sales, Customer Experience, Marketing, and/or Go-To-Market teams.
- Experience building on projects, programs, and events that require cross-functional collaboration.
- Experience supporting an executive in a chief of staff or operations capacity.
- Ability to think, plan, and execute on multiple projects concurrently and work collaboratively, organizationally, and successfully in a complex environment.
- Ability to build collaboration, credibility and relationships quickly across functions and levels, and a track record of delivery and impact at scale in organizations.
- Ability to turn information and unstructured problems into insights, plans, and recommendations.
- Effective team player who can meet project deadlines with exceptional attention to detail.