About the Role
Uber is evolving the way we move around the world, and by seamlessly connecting consumers to businesses through our apps, we make cities more accessible. With Uber Eats, we’re building Uber’s newest and fastest-growing business, spanning 180+ cities across all six continents — and we’re just getting started.
The City Growth Manager role is a unique opportunity to have a direct impact on business through the growth and optimization of the consumer population on Uber’s platform. This role calls for creative problem-solving, analytics, strategic thinking, strong execution and the interpersonal ability to work alongside an extremely multicultural team. You will work on expanding our business in key markets, find new opportunities to grow the business and own end-to-end project management and execution.
What The Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
—- What the Candidate Will Do —-
What You’ll Do
- You will be an owner of impactful initiatives, responsible for strategic design and execution of city-specific projects.
- You will conduct analysis and user researches based on both qualitative and quantitative data, get into details, and identify the opportunities for improvements.
- You will design, build, and deploy innovative solutions to address user’s pain points and to improve the processes.
- You will influence both internal and external stakeholders and collaborate across a wide variety of functions and levels.
- Find potential for community engagement (virtual and physical) at a city level and build creative opportunities to acquire new users and generate buzz
What You’ll Need
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in a fast-growing environment. Evidence of complete ownership of a multifaceted project with many stakeholders highly valued.
- Solid analytical ability and end-to-end ownership. Ability to discover user insights based on qualitative and quantitative analysis, turning insights into strategies, and drive executions in a scalable and efficient way.
- Reliable, effective stakeholder management and communications.
- Attention to detail and capability to work on multiple projects in parallel without compromising the quality of deliverables.
- Flexible self-starter, comfortable with changes.
- Business English proficiency is a must.
- Native Japanese skills will be a strong plus.
- Experience with running user or field market research is a strong plus.
- SQL knowledge is strongly preferred.