Autism Association of Western Australia
About the job
The Autism Association is one of Australia’s largest not-for-profit Autism specific service providers, and the only specialist organisation providing a full range of services from early childhood through to adulthood in Australia. Together we are inspired every day to make a difference to the lives of individuals with Autism. We are a dedicated, passionate, supportive team joined by a common goal and are deeply committed to enhancing the quality of life of every individual with Autism and passionate about supporting them to live their best life possible.
Autism Diagnostic Clinic Coordinator
We are looking for a dynamic, organised and experienced Clinic Coordinator to join our Youth Autism Diagnostic Clinic Team.
Our Diagnostic Clinic includes a team of Psychiatrist, Psychologists, Speech Pathologists and Occupational Therapists who conduct comprehensive best practice Autism diagnostic assessments.
About the Role
The Clinic Coordinator position is responsible for the day-to-day coordination and operations of diagnostic assessments, including enquiries management, clinic booking management, patient records management and invoicing and payment management.
The Clinic Coordinator will be accountable for:
- Proactive engagement with individuals and families and health professionals in receiving and managing enquiries and referrals.
- Coordinate, prepare and organise assessment activities for clinicians.
- Provide support for telehealth appointments via our secure platform.
- Manage patient records and databases, including referral databases.
- Resolve day-to-day operational issues and challenges.
- Processing online billing (Medicare claims) and invoicing.
In this role, you will ideally have:
- Excellent customer service and well developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills with high attention to detail
- Energetic and solutions focused with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with, and advanced skills in the suite of Microsoft tools including Microsoft Excel and databases
- Previous experience in a medical clinic setting, and experience with medical practice software, while not necessary, will be considered favourably
- A positive attitude and strong work ethic with the ability to multi-task
To join our team you will be required to get a COVID-19 and seasonal flu vaccination and complete required clearances including an NDIS Workers Check.
In addition to making meaningful difference in people’s lives, you’ll also receive:
- Extensive training, growth and development opportunities
- A competitive salary that reflects your skills and experience
- Access to generous salary packaging options
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program for you and your family