Thermo Fisher Scientific
Manages a team within the department and effectively oversees projects to ensure compliance with established policies, procedures, and regulations. Serves as a point of escalation for department related issues and concerns. Interacts with both internal and external management level peers to resolve day to day challenges and issues. Develops process improvements and makes recommendations in workload organiztion of the department by focusing on end results using metrics and key performance indicators to manage performance.
- Manages staff, which may include interviewing and selection, job description preparation, professional development, goal setting, performance management, coaching and mentoring, employee counseling, and separations. Approves courses of action on salary administration, hiring, corrective action, and terminations. Reviews and approves time records, expense reports, requests for leave, and overtime.
- Identifies training needs for staff to ensure appropiate customer service/communications and compliance.
- Sets goals for direct reports based on departamental objectives and performance.
- Monitors and validates metrics and weekly/monthly reports for assigned group.
- Makes strategy recommendations at Departmental, Project, and Team Meetings.
- Participates in the bidding process and/or bid defense opportunities.
- Ensures the effective resource and utilization management of staff to meet departmental targets set by senior leadership.
- Provides functional updates to senior leadership in a collaborative cross functional environment to support departmental targets.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 5+ years)
- 1+ year of leadership responsibility
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong supervisory and people management skills
- Strong analytical, organizational and planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving and decision making skills
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Office suite
- Solid communication skills both written and verbal, including strong command of English language
- Ability to work under pressure
- Solid understanding of the overall clinical suppies operations, legislation and best practices
- Ability to motivate and integrate teams and teach/mentor team members
- Solid negotiation and multi-tasking skills
- Manages experienced professionals and / or subordinate management who exercise latitude and independence in their assignments
- Often heads one or more sections or a small department
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
- Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
- May require travel. (Recruiter will provide more details.)