In the role of Communications Advisor, you will work on a significant project within the public transport space by providing strategic communication services to technical and professional staff for community engagement, media relations, issues management, public affairs and stakeholder relationship management and advise, develop and implement communication strategies and procedures to ensure effective communication outcomes.
- Coordinate community engagement for this significant project, including providing the project manager and project team with ongoing strategic communications advice, and developing and implementing communication strategies.
- Develop, implement and evaluate best practice communication and engagement strategies to effectively engage a range of different communities and key stakeholders.
- Produce a range of appropriate communication tools and materials tailored to different audiences. This could include media releases and enquiry responses, ministerial and stakeholder briefings, executive correspondence, newsletters and flyers, web content and enquiries, display materials, speech notes – all while adhering to all departmental and public governance framework requirements.
- Assist the project team in providing communication advice and support to executive management and other managers and staff in the areas of media and issues management, risk assessment, community engagement and communication strategies using appropriate communication tools.
- Develop, plan, and manage key communication activities such as displays, launches, media opportunities and other events as required.
- Provide training, advice and support to district staff and consultants to enhance communication skills and improve relationships with key stakeholders and the community.
- Develop and implement communication strategies, activities, procedures, and policies which assist the project team to achieve its strategic objectives.
- A current Class ‘C’ Drivers Licence
- While qualifications are not mandatory, a degree in communications, public relations, journalism, or marketing would be highly desirable.
- Experience in a strategic communication or community engagement.