About the job
GitHub helps companies, organizations, and groups of individuals succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. We are building the global platform for developer collaboration to accelerate human progress. We want our Community to be the Hub of GitHub!!!
About the Role:
The GitHub Community Forum is such an important part of who we are as a company. It’s a place where members build networks, learn from each other, give valuable insights to the company, and so much more. The Community Support & Engagement team’s focus is all about supporting the community, developing and launching new community programs, measuring the success of these programs, and doing it all at scale. We’re looking for a great Community Manager to help us nurture this amazing community.
You will work cross functionally to solicit feedback and drive internal participation on engagement ideas via the forums channel. You will inform strategic management of the forum content and streamline moderation to help all GitHub users to be successful – leveraging the support of our customer success and support teams and community managers to moderate and act as community & product specialists within the forum. You are committed to the success of the open source and GitHub communities and focused on the engagement, enjoyment, and growth of our communities. You believe in nurturing a “pay it forward” approach, helping customers successfully help each other through this channel.
What You’ll Do:
- Help execute on the community platform strategy, roadmap, and success metrics.
- Moderate, listen and engage regularly with our amazing community members, providing them with any support and resources they need.
- Constantly gather feedback from the community and bring those insights to the appropriate internal teams
- Escalate and flag issues as needed to keep the community a trusted space
- Help manage and execute a community content strategy.
- Manage all internal and external community documentation.
- Create and update community onboarding and offboarding processes.
What We’re Looking For:
- Passion about being a community and customer advocate. You understand why customer voices are so important, and thrive in finding innovative ways to support them.
- 3+ years in Community Management with experience
- A strong communicator and writer
- You believe in data driven solutions and cross-company collaboration.
- Being successful in this role will require you to excel at both internal and external communication.
- Flexibility and adapting quickly when priorities change.
- Experience working with a developer community.
- An incredibly organized master multitasker.
- Experience working with various online community platforms and tools.
- Fantastic interpersonal skills, a great listener, and is extraordinarily empathetic.
- Willingness to go the extra mile to serve our customers.
- Good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
Key Skills / Experience
- No degree requirements for this role.
- 3 or more years in customer service, market research, analysis or a technical discipline preferred
- Experience working in a SaaS industry preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to clearly communicate recommendations and solutions plainly with customers and stakeholders.
- Ability to work across multiple organizations to identify and execute solutions
- Ability to develop and implement creative solutions and influence others in their adoption.
- Strong project management skills including an ability to manage cross-functional deliverables in a fast-paced environment