Electronic Arts (EA)
Location: Vancouver, BC – Open to remote work in most US/Canada locations
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connecting millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. EA Mobile is dedicated to creating high-quality mobile games connected to some of the world’s biggest gaming franchises, including FIFA Mobile and Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.
Adrenaline is the newly formed EA Mobile studio responsible for the development and worldwide live operations of FIFA Mobile. The Adrenaline team is founded on passion, innovation, and creativity with a mission to provide immersive sports gaming experiences built for mobile devices and played by millions of gamers around the world. Adrenaline is powered by global talent and looking for passionate and creative new team members to design the future of mobile gaming.
The Community Manager’s main mandate is to be FIFA mobile’s online voice on several social platforms and to act as a bridge between the community and the developers. You will be solely focused on the FIFA mobile title. You will represent the game team to the community including game updates, troubleshooting issues, and marketing promotions, and communicating with gamers directly on multiple social media platforms, including Discord. You will report to our Associate Producer.
- Manage and post on FIFA Mobile’s social media channels including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Discord.
- Create player-facing Guides for Programs and Packs.
- Tease upcoming releases for features and Programs.
- Partner with the VIP group on Discord to gather feedback and provide insight into upcoming content.
- Be the internal community advocate and provide relevant feedback that represents the players.
- Take part in daily design meetings and provide feedback on features, programs, and packs.
- Take part in Player First meetings to highlight any player feedback or trends to appropriate team members.
- Work with a global team of community managers, creating localized content for a worldwide audience of gamers.
- Work with a team of creatives to edit, capture, or otherwise help them get their messages out to players by dev blogs, short-form video content, or direct engagement with players on social or by live streams.
- Monitor and respond to First Party Reviews to help players out.
- Send weekly sentiment updates to the FIFA Mobile Dev Team.
- Coordinate with customer service teams to ensure positive player experiences and work on any communication plans with them when needed.
- Help create compelling marketing communications to acquire and engage our players.
The Main Requirements We Are Looking For Include
- Written and verbal communication skills (email, Slack, video calls, Twitter, Discord, and Reddit). The CM will communicate with many several team members and the end gamers.
- Copywriting skills (the CM will write program guides and blog entries for players).
- Experience within game development environments.
- Understanding of streaming, experience as a streamer & knowledge of e-sports.
- Speak and write in more than one language.
- 1-year experience working on a live mobile product or equivalent education in game development.
- Preference is given to individuals providing live support to a mobile product on 2 of the following digital platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Discord). This community manager will manage FIFA Mobile’s social media presence.
- Experience working with external consumers and internal development teams on at least 2 projects. Since you will directly support end customers and our teams, this experience is important.
- Experience creating assets for a community (i.e.. streaming, video, gifs, or photoshopped images) is essential for this role.
- Preference is given to anyone with an affinity for FIFA and soccer.