About the job
Are you passionate about building great products? Do you want to redefine the way travellers explore the world? Keen to be part of this growth journey with a bunch of amazing people? Then Pelago is the place for you!
We are looking for ambitious and motivated talents who are excited about staying on the cutting edge of Technology and always keen on innovating new ways to drive growth and taking our startup to new heights.
WHO ARE WE?
Pelago is a travel experiences platform created by Singapore Airlines Group. Think of us as a travel magazine that you can book – highly curated, visually inspiring, with the trust and quality of Singapore Airlines. We connect you with global, local cultures and ideas so you can expand your life.
We are a team of diverse, passionate, empowered, inclusive, authentic and open individuals who share the same values and strive towards a common goal!
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU?
– A unique opportunity to take end-to-end ownership of your workstream to deliver real value to users.
– Platforms to solve real user problems concerning travel planning & booking with innovative products/services.
– An amazing peer group to work with, and the ability to learn from the similarly great minds around you.
– An opportunity to be an integral part of shaping the company’s growth and culture with a diverse, fun, and dynamic environment with teammates from different parts of the world.
– Competitive compensation and benefits – including work flexibility, insurance, unlimited annual leave, remote working and more!
WHAT DOES THE COMMUNITY OPERATIONS TEAM DO?
The Pelago Community Operations Team is in the forefront of delivering best-in-class customer experience for both customers and providers as well as championing for their needs. We endeavour to build trust with our customers by ensuring a smooth booking experience and providing support across the entire customer journey from travel planning & research, booking to post-booking. As a marketplace, we also take care of provider’s needs post-onboarding by providing scaled account support and driving engagement.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
We are looking for a hands-on, customer obsessed leader to lead an energetic and dynamic team who supports our customers and merchant community. You are passionate in delivering best-in-class customer experience, achieving high levels of satisfaction and building a strong team.
– Manage day to day operations of customer care, provider success and booking operations, including monitoring and reporting on KPIs and metrics
– Lead the team to deliver a high level of customer satisfaction and service quality through effective and efficient resolution of enquiries and cases, provide guidance and respond to escalated issues
– Support, motivate, coach, train and develop the team, including recruiting and expanding the team.
– Create an effective onboarding training program for new joiners.
– Drive initiatives and lead projects to continuously improve customer experience, service quality and operations (e.g. launching omnichannel support, AI-powered chat bots etc.)
– Develop customer policies, processes and standards while empowering team to find creative solutions for customer’s problems
– Analyse and deep-dive into voice of customer feedback, support tickets and data for insights
– Provide insights to internal and cross functional teams and partner with them to jointly solve customer problems and meet their needs
WHAT EXPERTISE YOU NEED TO HAVE?
– Bachelors’ Degree with 5 – 8 years of experience, preferably in a fast-paced operations/ service oriented/ customer service environment. Candidates with lesser experience, welcome to apply as well to be considered for other openings in the team.
– Experience with omnichannel support and customer service software will be helpful, if not have the hunger to learn
– At least 2 years of team management experience, you have exemplary leadership and interpersonal skills, you are able to motivate and bring out the best in people
– Excellent customer service and communication skills, you are great in both spoken and written english
– Great empathy for our users – both customers and providers. You put the user in front of what you do and able to strike a balance between both sides
– Creative, analytical problem solver. You’re process driven, comfortable with data and using it to drive decisions.
– Highly motivated and hungry, you take the initiative to continuously improve