About the job
Are you passionate about building great products? Do you want to redefine the way travellers explore the world? Keen to be part of this growth journey with a bunch of amazing people? Then Pelago is the place for you!
We are looking for ambitious and motivated talents who are excited about staying on the cutting edge of Technology and always keen on innovating new ways to drive growth and taking our startup to new heights.
WHO ARE WE?
Pelago is a travel experiences platform created by Singapore Airlines Group. Think of us as a travel magazine that you can book – highly curated, visually inspiring, with the trust and quality of Singapore Airlines. We connect you with global, local cultures and ideas so you can expand your life.
We are a team of diverse, passionate, empowered, inclusive, authentic and open individuals who share the same values and strive towards a common goal!
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU?
- A unique opportunity to take end-to-end ownership of your workstream to deliver real value to users.
- Platforms to solve real user problems concerning travel planning & booking with innovative products/services.
- An amazing peer group to work with, and the ability to learn from the similarly great minds around you.
- An opportunity to be an integral part of shaping the company’s growth and culture with a diverse, fun, and dynamic environment with teammates from different parts of the world.
- Competitive compensation and benefits – including work flexibility, insurance, unlimited annual leave, remote working and more!
WHAT YOU WILL DO?
We are looking for positive and energetic Community Operations Specialists to deliver great customer experience and support our customers and merchant community. You will be the point of contact for enquiries from our Community and be pivotal in building trusting and endearing relationships with our customers. As a Community Operations Specialist, you will:
- Attend to and resolve customers or merchants’ enquiries via email, chat, phone, social media and other online platforms in a prompt, helpful and friendly manner
- Monitor day to day bookings and operations, liaise between customers and providers to ensure a smooth booking experience
- Maintain and ensure product information is updated and accurate on our website
- Provide voice of customer feedback to internal teams such as account management and engineering teams and work with them closely to resolve issues and improve the overall customer experience
- Be part of projects and have the opportunity to work on new initiatives to improve customer experience
WHAT EXPERTISE & QUALITIES YOU NEED TO HAVE?
- At least 1 year of experience, preferably in a fast paced customer service/ contact centre/ service industry/ operations/ e-commerce environment
- Diploma or Degree from any field
- Excellent comprehension and communication skills, you are great in both spoken and written english
- Great empathy for our users. You put the user in front of what you do, anticipate their needs
- You’re a creative problem solver who loves solving problems proactively and delivering exemplary service.
- Good time management skills and work organisational abilities
- Team player with high level of energy and able to work independently (We’re currently working 50% remote as per Singapore Government Guidelines)
- Comfortable working with systems and tools, prior experience using Zendesk or other customer service software would be nice, but not mandatory as training will be provided.
- This role might support other overseas markets like Australia. Hence, due to timezone differences. You will be rostered to assist in different shifts from time to time, including early starts from 6.30am and afternoon shifts
- You’ll be required to work on staggered/ rotational shifts including weekends and Public Holidays to support daily operations. 5 day work week.