Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
The Community team is responsible for developing programs that foster connections within our talent network, helping talent find a sense of belonging, share knowledge, and showcase and develop their skills. Through these programs, the Community team drives increased engagement and retention of the top talent in our network.
In joining this team, you will have the opportunity to interact with the top 3% of talent from around the world. You will play a critical role in the operational aspects of delivering world class community programs designed for our talent network.
Key Examples Include
We are looking for a detail-oriented Community Program Manager who can manage and elevate our community programs. In this role, you will create, operationalize, implement, and manage the day-to-day of a series of programs that will deliver high value to talent.
- a global mentorship program.
- a gamification, badging, or rewards program within the talent community.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Execute major community programs from end-to-end; this includes managing relationships with key stakeholders, brainstorming creative ideas, assessing feasibility, launching pilots, managing full delivery, and measuring impact.
- Perform research within the community to refine the use case and determine what would work best to meet our program goals.
- Create, implement and manage a mentorship program, connecting talent from around the globe and helping them to grow both personally and professionally with Toptal.
- Develop and deliver a gamification, badging, or rewards program within our talent network geared toward incentivizing or encouraging desired behaviors of our community.
- Continue evolving programs as needed to ensure they remain relevant to talent and continue to deliver positive return on investment; measure program impact using metrics that tie to business goals (talent retention, revenue generation, etc.).
- Communicate with talent in our Slack workspace to promote meaningful dialogue and program participation in a user-friendly way.
- Submit and track expenses for Community programs, in line with departmental policy.
In The First Week, Expect To
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Understand the core of Toptal’s service, the Toptal community, and its value proposition to both talent and clients.
- Learn the responsibilities and priorities of all talent-facing teams at Toptal, with a focus on the roles and priorities of the Community and Talent Success teams.
- Become comfortable with the Community Slack workspace and channels.
In The First Month, Expect To
- Understand the key goals of cross-functional partners and how Community can support them.
- Actively communicate with talent in our Slack workspace to promote meaningful dialogue and program participation.
- Read through the historic context of past programs, consult with peers, and begin mapping your vision for your assigned programs. Start to consider ways to evolve, refine, and grow our programs and offerings from where we are currently.
- Connect with fellow Community Program Managers for knowledge transfer and best practices related to program development.
In The First Three Months, Expect To
- Complete your program briefs detailing plans and timelines for execution of new programs – with support from the Head of Community.
- Begin to elevate Toptal’s talent offerings by launching phase 1 of one new program, gathering and documenting feedback from the initial participants.
- Consult with the Product team and Head of Community on workflow, possibilities, and timelines necessary for your new programs.
In The First Six Months, Expect To
- Plan to launch full programs or offerings meeting our Community roadmap.
- Manage day-to-day logistics and operations of assigned programs.
- Make recommendations and document processes as they evolve.
- Work closely with the Brand Marketing team to ensure alignment with new program releases.
In The First Year, Expect To
- Scale high-impact and innovative programs.
- Track and measure the impact of your work against key company objectives.
- Act as a subject matter expert on Community team programs and talent rewards.
- 3+ years in a Program Manager and/or Community Manager role is required.
- Project or Program Manager experience whereby you can successfully launch and operate high-quality programs with multiple stakeholders and moving parts.
- Experience developing or administering a gamification, badging, or rewards program within a member-focused community.
- Experience creating or delivering a scalable or large community mentorship program.
- Product knowledge. Familiarity with how software is built is an asset as this role involves forming a gamification system which will require development from the Product team.
- Relationship Management. Must be a team player and have excellent leadership skills. You will be handling many questions and needs from partners, talent, and stakeholders.
- Resourcefulness. You should be a self-starter who thrives on the freedom and accountability that comes with being part of a distributed workforce. You are able to connect the dots and bring ideas and stakeholders together.
- Adaptability. Our processes and priorities may evolve rapidly. You need to be able to manage more than one major program at a time, and adapt to change quickly.
- Passion. Our team’s goal is to offer an exceptional community space and elevated experiences. You have to be passionate about what we do, and be a strong advocate for driving increased engagement and trust in our network.
- Budgeting and Ownership. Experience with program budgets is an asset. This person is responsible for full program oversight and deliverables.
- Willingness to travel: You are willing and eager to speak with our talent on a regular basis, both in 1-on-1 and large group conversations. Post-Covid, you are willing to travel occasionally to attend major events in person.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.