WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class environment, vehicle and concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
What You’ll Do
Epic Games is looking for a Concept Artist to join our development team. In this role, you will work directly with the design department to create and quickly iterate on clean, purposeful shapes that look amazing. You should have a combination of strong creative/visual aesthetics, excellent design skills, and a clear rendering style in designing both characters and environments. You should be able to demonstrate that you can think outside the box and translate an awesome gameplay experience into an awesome visual experience as well as have experience creating photo realistic concept content.
In This Role You Will
- Creating characters, enemies, and environments based on direction from the project Art Director and input from the game design team.
- Based on visual style from the Art Director, collaborate to on the visual style and ensure our designs are of the Epic quality bar.
- Help Epic push the visual envelope by creating stunning and inspiring characters.
- Create and iterate unique and stunning designs within a determined production schedule.
- Create alternate skin designs for approved hero characters
- Partner with other departments such as Character Design or Modeling team, to ensure the concept designs work within the project workflow.
What We’re Looking For
- Experience designing slick, detailed, modern, forward-looking characters
- A mind for technical function and aesthetic pursuit with an ability to balance creativity with function
- Ability to work within gameplay design restraints (environment scale, character abilities, prototype function, etc.) and translate those restrictions into visuals that enhance the experience
- Experience creating mechanical designs
- Ability to prototype in 3D, work directly with the 3D artists, and knowledge of 3D software
- Strong traditional drawing skills and knowledge of the human anatomy
- Strong understanding of color theory and how color affects mood & focal points
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills
Nice To Have Skills
- Experience with the Unreal Engine