Content Management and Copy Specialist
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 96,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“A long-lasting career at 3M comes from having vision, imagination and the ability to see what doesn’t exist. 3Mers are groundbreaking innovators and it’s important that we give every person the space for disruptive and creative thinking.” – John Banovetz, executive vice president, chief technology officer and environmental responsibility at 3M
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
Here, You Will Make An Impact By Your Ability To
As a Content Management and Copy Specialist (Copywriting, Content Management), you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world.
- Have a keen understanding and ability to apply eCommerce and digital-experience knowledge toward engaging, search-optimized copy content (SEO), telling the value story of 3M products in digital and eCommerce ecosystems
- Organize and manage large amounts of product content at various stages of development or varying formats
- Create exceptional copy content that will influence buying decisions, build brand preference, and engage target audiences
- Ability to organize content/data into existing formats and structures compliant with 3M systems in creation, storage, and syndication of content
- Build highly collaborative relationships with functional experts in marketing, communications, technical service, and legal to ensure business requirements are met, functional insights are leveraged, and copy approval processes are optimized
- Apply SEO best practices, incorporating keywords and meta tags to increase search engine results page (SERP) ranking
Your Skills And Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M requires (at a minimum) the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution in a marketing or creative field
- Three (3) years of creative production and copywriting experience in a private, public, government or military environment
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Demonstrated project management and leadership experience
- Understanding of integrated marketing communications, digital marketing principles and digital experience development (UX, CX, Purchase Journey)
- Familiarity with best practices for content and copy on digital, eCommerce, and website usage
- Technically proficient with the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve, especially on 3M corporate content management systems (Adobe systems, Oracle systems, Salsify)
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with colleagues
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Flexibility in working with new issues, topics and approaches
- Master’s degree in English, writing, or related creative or marketing field from an accredited institution
- Skills include ability to be: organized, agile, resourceful, precise (with technical copy points), thoughtful; to prioritize, listen well and comprehend creative requests, bring relevant ideas to projects, reliable execution and assessment of necessary timelines, and ability to communicate in a timely manner to the involved parties
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic
Relocation Assistance: May be authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Responsibilities of this position include that corporate policies, procedures and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties.
Our approach to flexibility is called Work Your Way, which puts employees first and drives well-being in ways that enable 3M’s business and performance goals. You have flexibility in where and when work gets done. It all depends on where and when you can do your best work.
Pay & Benefits Overview: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/careers-us/working-at-3m/benefits/
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.