Are you a content writer who wants to create an impact in the tech industry?
Do you want to work with a company that cares about you, your team, and your community?
At Appetiser Apps, we build and grow app ideas. We work with startups through to some of Australia’s most exciting brands like Grill’d, MyDeal, and many more. Over the next 5 years, we’re aiming to grow by 10X.
To achieve this, we need YOU.
We’re looking for a part-time Content Marketing Specialist based in Melbourne. If you’re dedicated to becoming the best you can be, please apply!
We will support your recognition for hard work, world-class mentorships, mental health counseling, rapid career progression, creative opportunities, the ability to make decisions, optional offices, events, and a high-performance team around you.
As part of our dedication to giving back, we have pledged to sponsor a child in the Philippines on behalf of every employee. So far, we have sponsored over 120 children for our team.
You will be responsible for:
- Creating content for our website blog and social media pages based on your knowledge of tech and startups
- Contributing to content strategies through competitor and audience research, as well as creative ideation
- Identifying successful content and mapping out new ways to repurpose content for multiple channels, ensuring that messaging and stories are coherent and consistent across multiple types of content
- Knowing the latest trends in tech and app development
- Researching topics that would draw better engagement on the company website
- Producing content that helps drive conversions based on the organisation’s goals
- Ensuring our brand guidelines, including tone of voice, values and visual identity are adhered to
- Proofreading your work for tone, style, clarity, and grammar
- Managing a content calendar
The right person for this role:
- Has excellent English writing ability and grammar appreciation
- Is passionate about the world of tech and startups
- Has open and confident communication skills
- Is motivated, adaptable, and positive
- Loves creating content for blogs
- Likes having their fingers on the pulse for the content our customers love to consume and be passionate about language as a whole
- Can allot 17-24 hours a week, based on the need
- BONUS: Has a working understanding of Wordpress
- BONUS: Has an interest and experience in SEO
- Has a personal working laptop or desktop computer
- Is based in Melbourne
Enjoy these benefits and more:
- Remote work. Productive from the beach? No problem.
- Partner with a company that cares about you. Paid leaves, quarterly awards, free mental health counseling, charitable donations, and much more. Additional perks are coming every quarter (tech, gyms, books, courses, retirement plans).
- Receive mentoring from our team and training from world-class peers ranked 7th in the world for app development.
- Get reviews every 4 to 6 months with personal progression planning to accelerate your career and reach your goals faster than ever before.
- Have the opportunity to make an impact every day—even work on projects and apps with millions of users.
- Optional offices in every Appetiser city and frequent in-person/virtual events.
- Have the freedom to think, make decisions, solve problems, be creative, and laugh with over 200 like-minded high-performing people.