Bekaert ( www.bekaert.com ) is a world market and technology leader in steel wire transformation and coating technologies. We pursue to be the preferred supplier for our steel wire products and solutions by continuously delivering superior value to our customers worldwide. Bekaert (Euronext Brussels: BEKB) is a global company with more than 27 000 employees worldwide, headquarters in Belgium and € 4.4 billion in combined revenue in 2020.
Bekaert is a world market and technology leader in steel wire transformation and coating technologies. We pursue to be the preferred supplier for our steel wire products and solutions by continuously delivering superior value to our customers worldwide. Bekaert (Euronext Brussels: BEKB) is a global company with 30,000 employees worldwide, headquarters in Belgium and € 5 billion in annual revenue.
Bekaert is constantly searching for growth opportunities in value added markets worldwide. Our CSO organization is supporting the development and implementation of our long-term strategy through global portfolio management, M&A or evaluating new business opportunities within existing and new markets with the aim to support our business platforms in taking tactical and strategic decisions to achieve our strong ambition for sustainable profitable growth.
We are currently looking for a Corporate Development Manager to join our CSO organization in China. The resource will be based in Shanghai and will report to the Head of Strategy China.
- You lead teams in the development of our global business portfolio by assessing business segments and defining business cases for organic / un-organic growth and transformational opportunities.
- You support key decision makers in making key strategic choices through a broad range of quantitative and qualitative analyses and facilitate their implementation.
- You identify, develop and implement business strategies for new solutions, technologies, business models and markets.
- You explore and analyse attractive acquisition targets and you are involved in related analysis as part of the due diligence process.
- You coordinate and liaise with internal and external stakeholders to drive efficient projects leveraging best practices across functions.
- You take the lead in different change projects by assessing internal information, facilitating workshops & working with internal stakeholders.
- You have a Master degree or similar (preferably within an engineering area) complemented with an MBA.
- You have at least 3-4 years’ work experience in strategy consultancy, industry research or in a corporate strategy environment and relevant project experience.
- You have proven experience in project management and well adaptable in different team setup.
- You have a strong analytical and conceptual mind to define well-prepared business proposals.
- You are highly trained in collecting information through different sources (from desk research to data science, including external interviews).
- You are highly motivated in solving B-to-B industry business insight gaps.
- You are passionate about technological developments (from material science to I.O.T) and have a visionary mind set.
- You are a change champion that makes processes to a success through empathy and resilience.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and conviction power.
- You are fluent in Mandarin Chinese and English. Any other languages are very strong assets.
- You have strong skills in Excel and PowerPoint.
- You are willing to travel occasionally.
You grow, we grow… Better together. Bekaert offers continuous development opportunities.