Netflix is the world’s leading streaming entertainment service with 208 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
The Netflix Marketing Legal team is seeking a talented, passionate and experienced lawyer to support the marketing, marketing partnerships, publicity, awards and communications teams across our original film, documentary and kids & family slates.
In this role, the successful candidate will help support a team of contract managers and work closely with cross functional legal teams, including IP, Business and Legal Affairs, Labor, Employment, Privacy and Litigation, to perform the following functions: review and clearance of marketing campaigns and activations; rights analysis including licensor, talent and third party rights and approvals; conduct risk assessments and provide advice on compliance with laws and regulatory matters; draft and negotiate marketing agreements including MSAs/SOWs, co-promotions with third party brands, and marketing production-related agreements; strategize and propose solutions for sticky legal challenges; and prepare and conduct trainings to help increase legal acumen across teams. This role will report into Director – Marketing Legal and is based in Los Angeles, CA. The ideal candidate will be intellectually curious, demonstrate great initiative and be excited and inspired by the Netflix culture.
- The successful candidate will have 6+ years of relevant experience as a lawyer working in marketing/advertising and entertainment. Applicants from law firms will be considered, however, in-house experience at an entertainment studio, media or production company and/or creative advertising agency is a plus.
- The successful candidate will also possess the following:
- Ability to work autonomously and reliably within tight timeframes in a fast-paced, high-performance environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong analytical capabilities and ability to exercise sound judgment in the absence of perfect information
- Ability to take initiative to identify and solve problems in a business-friendly and solutions-oriented manner
- Ability to think strategically, commercially and practically
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with an ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strategic interest and outlook
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Flexibility to work across various projects and teams