Global Industrial Company
About the job
For over 70 years Global Industrial has been an industry leader providing private label and brand name industrial equipment and supplies to businesses throughout North America.
We carry over one million industrial, material handling and business products that are sold through our website, corporate sales people and full color catalogs. We are constantly increasing our product offerings to meet the diverse and changing needs of our customers. Our customers include small to large corporations, institutions, government agencies and consumers across North America.
- Address inbound customer questions and concerns arriving via phone and email
- Own the entire interaction with that customer and provide total resolution for their needs
- Work with other Global Industrial associates, product managers, and partners to gather information, resolve customer needs, and improve processes
- Investigate and resolve customer inquiries related to their orders or shipments
- Update systems and document all interactions with customers, associates, and partners
- Provide order status, check inventory, schedule returns, file shipping claims, notate accounts, troubleshoot problems, handle complaints, and assist with billing inquiries
Duties & Requirements:
- Efficiently and professionally communicate with customers and assist them with their needs
- Strong phone contact handling and active listening skills
- Excellent written communication and comprehension
- Skilled at consistently providing outstanding customer service and following through on responsibilities or promises made to customers
- Independent decision-making skills with the ability to handle and resolve complex issues
- Conversational, patient and confident demeanor with a positive attitude
- Ability to stay composed and objective with an angry customer, and de-escalate issues as needed
- Motivated to create and perpetuate a team environment in the workplace and among other associates
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects and assignments accurately in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to use Windows based systems, digital soft phones, and familiarity with CRM systems and practices
Competencies And Skills
- 2+ years previous customer service experience in a phone / email contact center
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience in a performance-based or metric-driven environment
Global Industrial provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.