About the job
Synapse is a Banking as a Service (BaaS) provider with a clear mission, to ensure that everyone around the world has access to best-in-class financial products, regardless of their net worth. Synapse’s unified platform provides industry compliant payment, card issuance, deposit, lending, credit, investment and crypto products through simple APIs. We are the only BaaS provider that enables builders to launch feature complete deposit, credit and crypto products in weeks.
Our culture and values are simple and straightforward. We share a general concern for the well-being of others and strive to build a safe and inclusive environment for everyone. Our work style is collaborative and action-oriented. We are a team of conscientious, hard workers who also share a common sense of purpose. As we accelerate our growth, your career and opportunities will grow as well making it an exciting time to join Synapse.
What You Will Do
- Oversee day-to-day operational functions and coverage of duties. Coordinate and monitor workloads and queues to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Monitoring incoming calls, emails, and case management requests to ensure operational requirements and expectations meet quality standards.
- Forecast and schedule staffing based on business needs and ensure appropriate coverage and service levels are obtained at all times.
- Supervise, evaluate, and train staff in operational processes. Promote team compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain and support strong customer relationships in partnership with cross-functional teams. Respond independently to requests for information and assistance. Exercise independent judgment in administering procedures.
- Partner with cross-functional teams and business stakeholders to provide best-in-class customer service.
- Independently review reports and respond appropriately by coordinating with other functional areas, preparing required documentation, and updating systems.
- Participate in system training, upgrades, and changes. Help to develop efficiencies with systems, reporting and workflows. Assist in gathering reports and files for audit purposes.
- Recognize customer activity trends and behaviors and collaborate with the Senior Director of Technical Support to develop solutions and strategies.
- Facilitate training for staff and participate in the preparation of training materials, policies and procedures related to the team duties and responsibilities.
- Assist staff with customer requests as needed
- Responsible for direct customer contact and will manage escalated or particularly complex tickets.
What You Will Bring
- You are as passionate about fintech as we are
- You’ve been doing Customer Support, Technical Support, Implementation Management, or similar work for 5+ years and have directly managed employees for at least one year.
- You have led projects, been a trainer, or coached individuals to improve their performance and quality of output.
- The ability to identify areas of improvement and drive efficiency within the team and across the wider organization.
- Experience setting performance goals, measurements, and tracking progress.
- A passion for professional development and the success of all people.
- An uncompromised sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction.
- High business acumen and the ability to evaluate the structural integrity of operational processes.
- Experience with API’s, JSON, Postman, Kibana and other software preferred.
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Computer Sciences, or related field.
- Experience writing customer-facing documents as well as internal knowledge-based articles.
- Banking/payments and compliance experience.
- Easily adapts to a rapidly changing environment.
What We Offer
- Competitive Compensation
- Insurance (Medical/Dental/Vision)
- 401(k) with company matching up to 4%
- PTO & Holidays
- ✨ Life Insurance & LTD