The Ian Martin Group
About the job
Our Banking client in TORONTO, Ontario is looking to hire a Data Analyst for a 4-months contract role with possibility for extension.
What You Will Be Doing…
- Work with senior team members (architects, developers, testers) to develop and implement data solutions for finance reporting systems
- Turn business requirements into data model and generate source to target mapping and other technical documentation (data transformations, design, and operational support documentation)
- Analyze data in both Financial Systems and Big Data environments.
- Support senior team members through research assignments and proof of concepts
- Demonstrate a passion for problem solving and data presentation technologies
- Pursue enterprise learning opportunities to develop and mature your skills in the big data space
Must Have Skills
What you will need to succeed…
- At least 3+ years’ experience developing and deploying complex technology
- Data Modeling experience with Agile methodology and familiar with scrum meetings and sprint planning.
- Understand data modeling, metadata knowledge for both structured and non-structured data; familiarity with ER model diagrams and business metadata; familiarity with identification of the data entities, application of the data normalization rules, definition of the primary keys and determination of the data elements relationship.
- Proficiency with ACL/SQL tools for data analysis, data mining, source target mapping, data domain and referential integrity verifications.
Nice To Have Skills
- Previous banking/FI experience.
- Familiarity with GL systems.
- CAAT skills are preferred.
- Capital markets product understanding is an asset.
- Accounting knowledge is an asset.