KPMG New Zealand
About the job
KPMG New Zealand is part of the KPMG International network and is passionate about providing the best audit, tax, and advisory services to our clients.
This role will work closely with members of our Risk Consulting team – who supply advisory and consulting services across New Zealand. Our advisors combine extensive knowledge of a wide variety of businesses and sectors to provide clients with a service which adds recognised value. Our service offering and client portfolio provides an exciting and challenging environment.
- We have a Graduate role available for someone interested in working with payroll data. Our Risk Consulting team work with a range of clients and payroll providers to assist them with their compliance obligations with employment legislations (e.g. the Holidays Act), including performing historical remediation in the form of calculating back-pay owed to current and former employees through model development.
- There is scope with the work that our Risk Consulting team does to gain exposure to other offerings across the team and really make this role your own on a long term basis.
Day To Day You Will
- This role will see you primarily working on engagements relating to the Holidays Act and wider employment legislation but you’ll also get the opportunity to enhance your skills and experience by working across other internal audit engagements
- You will analyse large data sets from payroll systems, run integrity checks, assist with developing and enhancing models, provide quality assurance over results from models
- Format key insights into visualisations and dashboards that will be shared with our clients
- Develop test cases to identify trends and anomalies in data
- You’ll be comfortable working at pace with a high attention to detail across multiple projects at once
- Assist with identifying and articulating process improvements to aid our growth
What You’ll Bring To Our Team
- A quantitative degree and/or equivalent experience e.g. Finance, Statistics, Econometrics, Analytics, Mathematics, Data Science
- Good Excel skills
- Experience with at least some of the following: R, SQL, Tableau, PowerBI, Python
- Keen interest to enchance and broaden their data analysis skill
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with proven ability to work with cross functional teams to translate business issues into potential analytics solutions
- Knowledge of the Holidays Act and/or common Payroll systems is beneficial but not required
Being a Risk Consulting Graduate, You Will
- Meet your whole cohort, your buddy and complete a jam packed two day induction
- Attend Grad Camp – our culturally immersive induction held at a marae
- Join the social club at KPMG and attend activities like skiing, boat trips and mini golf
- Make connections for life and work on some amazing engagements
- Fuel New Zealand’s prosperity by doing work that matters