About the job
A pioneer in K–12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our captivating core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products turn data into practical instructional support to help students at every skill level build a strong foundation in early reading and math. Our programs provide teachers with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of all their students. Today, Amplify serves over eleven million students in all 50 states.
The Amplify Data Analytics and Data Governance team is looking for an experienced Data Analyst I. This role will design, develop, and distribute data that provides insight into business performance and highlights areas to improve operations. You will be contributing to the design, development, and implementation of analytical approaches and methodologies as well as the delivery mechanisms for data produced.
The quality and efficacy of data produced in this role is paramount, and we will look to you to help develop and adhere to quality control processes to ensure data integrity. The Data Analyst I role requires someone who is detail oriented, has experience as a data analyst, enjoys working with BI tools such as Tableau and Looker along with a deep understanding of navigating Snowflake data.
- Collaborate with your department manager, key partners, subject matter experts, non-technical collaborators, technical resources, and developers to define project scope, and complete project work within deadlines.
- Translate business needs into technical requirements, identifying technology gaps and implementing appropriate solutions.
- Determine the appropriate tool to develop reporting/dashboard for key team members based on requirements (Salesforce, Tableau, Looker)
- Track and communicate request status, issues, risks and decisions to management in an Agile, change-laden environment
- Coordinate, organize, and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment for timely deliverables.
- Perform detailed QA of peer work to ensure excellent quality outcomes.
- Stay up to date and quickly acquire proficiency in new technologies and tools, as needed, to meet business needs
- Handles and improves existing reports/dashboards..
- Performs complex analysis as needed
- Isolates granularity inconsistencies in datasets and resolves their root causes.
- Improves company data assets (data models) and ETL jobs to populate data models.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, computer science, management information systems, or related field and/or
- Five + years data analyst or related experience, including proficiency with analytical software, or equivalent related education
- Certifications: Tableau, Oracle Database SQL, or Certified Analytics Professional.
- Expertise with BI Tools (Tableau and Looker)
- Proficient in building reports and dashboards using Snowflake datasets
- Deep expertise with technologies and tools such as:
- G Suite
- Google Sheets (auto populate dynamically from multiple data sources, develop advance formulates, Google App Scripts for spreadsheet automation)
- Developing data models and algorithms
- Business process modeling — enterprise to department level
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in statistics, data analysis, and research methods
- Ability to learn and adopt new tools and methods
- Experience driving self-directed projects
- Deep expertise with data structures and reporting in NetSuite
- Background in education or in edtech, ideally in Business Data or Customer Support
- Experience leading organizational change and/or process improvement projects
- Experience using database architecture
- Expertise in SQL
- Experience with Salesforce through crafting cases and/or building reports and pulling extracts.