Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with operating systems and networking protocols.
- Experience with computer hardware and server hardware or troubleshooting/diagnosing.
- Ability to travel internationally 50% of the time as required.
- Experience in project management and leadership.
- Experience working within a data center or network operation center environment.
- Experience in maintenance and monitoring of server systems.
- Experience with Linux operating systems.
- Ability to collaborate and partner with teams to overcome challenges.
About the job
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google’s product portfolio possible. We’re proud to be our engineers’ engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
The Hardware Operations team is responsible for monitoring the physical infrastructure behind Google’s powerful search technology. In this role, you’ll install, configure, test, troubleshoot, and maintain hardware (like servers and its components) and server software. You’ll also take on the configuration of more complex components such as networks, routers, hubs, bridges, switches, and networking protocols.
You’ll participate in or lead project teams on larger installations and develop project contingency plans. A typical day involves manual movement and installation of racks. You will work with infrastructure that is at the cutting-edge of computer technology.
- Contribute to and lead efforts/projects in the deployment, maintenance, and support of data center infrastructure.
- Lead troubleshooting and resolve critical or escalated technical issues regarding affected equipment.
- Help test and troubleshoot server hardware components and designs.
- Configure and troubleshoot OS-related issues on server.
- Lead and contribute to efforts and projects in the deployment, maintenance, and support of data center infrastructure.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .